Visa Confusion

Hey there just came across this forum. Im trying to gain information about canadians studying abroad in austria. My girlfriend is currently living in BC Canada and she's right now trying to find a way to get a studying visa so that she can live here with me and start her studies. We've had quite a lot of issues and the process has been very confusing for us. I was wondering if you guys have any advice for a canadian coming to study/live here in austria for longer than the tourist visa of 3 months would last.  I would really appreciate any help with this process.
Thanks a lot :)

Hello mauze5,

Your girlfriend will need first of all to find a course in Austria that would qualify for a Student Visa (not all courses do), but this would be easier with your help locally. Then it would also require a confirmation letter from the educational institution.

She would then apply for a visa at the Consulate General of Austria in Vancouver - 595 Howe Street, Suite 1160, Vancouver, BC V6C 2T5, Canadá  Telephone: 604-687-3338

She should contact the Consulate personally to check exactly what she will need to furnish them in the way of documents, etc.

William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Oh yes, almost forgot... she will also require a valid passport that will not expire at least until 3 to 6 months following the proposed end date of the course. If not, it would be better to apply for a new passport so as not to run into any problems.

New topic