Living and working in India

Hi all.

I am a British woman, currently living and working in Dubai, in the publishing/Media industry. I am a group sales manager for one of the largest publishers in the Middle East. I am very aware of the recent boon in India when it comes to print and online media. I am looking for work/life balance. I am very passionate about my career and my job, but I also miss the realness and greatness of India, I have been there on many occasions and have always said I WILL find a way to live and work there.

I am starting my journey here. I am very conscious of not wanting to take away from jobs that could be offered to local Indians, however, if a role does become available for professional advertising sales manager who has extensive contacts globally throughout Europe and the Middle East, then please do let me know. My experience crosses into marketing, events, online, print and business round table events too.

Wage would have to be healthy, BUT I am certainly not looking for the type of wage expected in Dubai or London. I simply LOVE India and would be blessed to find a way of living and working there.

Any advice would be appreciated

R.

Hi
I am an expat and recently moved back from sydney. Dont feel that u r coming to india to take away a local job. the world is small place now without bounderies. so the question of local job doesnt arise. we r serving whole world from india that doesnt mean we have taken away their jobs. Mumbai would b a better place to suit your profile. i m based in surat three hours from mumbai. let me know if any assistance needed.

Cheers

Dear riodubaigal...
Hope you get a good job in your chosen field here in India soon... As sudheer has pointed out...in today world of globalization...no one takes anyone's job...its just a 'may the best woman/man win' kinda situation... You can choose any of the two Metros of India...New Delhi or Mumbai both are advertizingly great...advertising as such is a great industry, so any prominent city in India will be a good place for you...

Lotsa Luck...
Sudha

I agree with Sudha u can choose mumbai or delhi but i would prefer it to be mumbai.

good luck

But unfortunately server is not free and I'm paying for it from my pocket. But do not worry. Server will stay alive even without your donations. But if you want to help - why not?
I have a PayPal account, but I'm from Russia so I can't use it for accepting payments :( But I can think of another ways of donation:

You could even be one of the assets in their work force. Don't worry too much because there are plenty of jobs in India especially on your field of experience. There are many Business Process Outsourcing companies there that will surely need your expertise. Good luck!

Hi,

Just saw your article, and felt replying to it.

Though, honestly I am not from the same industry however I can help you to get a good job here.

I am here to make friends and in a way, to to be known to people across the world for my friendly nature.

Wish to have some more conversations with you. Wish to know you, if you find me genuene and worth to be called as a friend.

Awaiting reply,

Omkar.

Hey!

Try in IT and BPO industry..

riodubaigal wrote:

Hi all.

I am a British woman, currently living and working in Dubai, in the publishing/Media industry. I am a group sales manager for one of the largest publishers in the Middle East. I am very aware of the recent boon in India when it comes to print and online media. I am looking for work/life balance. I am very passionate about my career and my job, but I also miss the realness and greatness of India, I have been there on many occasions and have always said I WILL find a way to live and work there.

I am starting my journey here. I am very conscious of not wanting to take away from jobs that could be offered to local Indians, however, if a role does become available for professional advertising sales manager who has extensive contacts globally throughout Europe and the Middle East, then please do let me know. My experience crosses into marketing, events, online, print and business round table events too.

Wage would have to be healthy, BUT I am certainly not looking for the type of wage expected in Dubai or London. I simply LOVE India and would be blessed to find a way of living and working there.

Any advice would be appreciated

R.

Good luck

cheers,
bharath

hello , i am naren ramawat from india .