Treated/cured but still HCV positive - saudi work visa?

Hi! My husband just accepted a job in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.  He has been treated for Hep C and cured for all intents and purposes, but the antibody will always be in his blood and show in lab results.  His doctor can provide certification that he is fit for work (engineering) and non-contagious attached to the medical form...Does anyone have personal experience with this and whether or not a work visa (and eventually an iqama from what I understand) will be granted? Thanks so much!!

on the medical report I do not see a section to be tested for Hep C but my knowledge of medical terminology is minimal

stephsteph305 :

Hi! My husband just accepted a job in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.  He has been treated for Hep C and cured for all intents and purposes, but the antibody will always be in his blood and show in lab results.  His doctor can provide certification that he is fit for work (engineering) and non-contagious attached to the medical form...Does anyone have personal experience with this and whether or not a work visa (and eventually an iqama from what I understand) will be granted? Thanks so much!!

any update about your case?

Hi,

i am in same condition as you described about your husband, did you receive any answer or did you your husband faced any difficulty in getting Saudi work visa/iqama?

Thank You for your help

@izaheer,

Can you please update regarding your case?

06 months ago i gave medical and it was ok.

Then i went to exit. I gave medical in Pak and it was ok.

After 03 weeks, I just came in KSA on new visa. i gave medical on my arrival, doctor asked me to again give me blood sample as HCV is positive.

He is telling me that he will test it again and if again it is positive, he will send it to MOH and they will decide.

Pl inform about your case.

Hi a similar issue. HCV treated 15 years ago and no more void. But anti-hcv test will be positive since antibodies remain in the body. Will the visa / Iqama will be rejected straightaway? Or Saudi authorities consider RNA/PCR test result showing negative virus or any doctor recommendation?