New Visa v Iqama Transfer

Hi Guys,

I wasn't sure whether to put this in Visas or New Members but I opted for New members because this is my first post. This has been a great site for my research so far but now I need some more specific help!

I am currently in Saudi Arabia, I have an iqama and I am under my fathers sponsorship, however I just got offered a job here teaching ESL in a University. However, the employer said that they are not able to transfer sponsorship and I must return to my native country to do the Visa process from there. So, I have a few questions:

1) Is there any way around this process? Is there a particular reason they can not transfer sponsorship?
2) Is a university degree a requirement when getting the work visa? I just finished college in May so I have no idea when the actual degrees are sent out? Maybe August at graduation?

II would appreciate any help at all!

(Ps. I couldn't think of a better name... :P)

Why can't you continue to work on your father's sponsorship? Ask your employer. You only need to go back to your country if they are offering you their work permit.

I do not have a definite answer to your second question. But check with your employer if they can accept you on your father's sponsorship in which case you won't need a degree or go back to your country for a new visa.

br,

PS: Pickle juice ?!?  :/

Thanka for the reply!

I'm not sure. They told me I needed to go back home and do the process all over again. I also have to pay a £500 deposit for the medical exam and visa. They want to bring me in on a visit visa before switching it to an iqama once I get here, so it sounds like a step backwards for me?

The job is in association with edex but going through this process by paying £500 and a ticket home - I'm not sure that's wise?

I'm having trouble securing an esl job here so if anyone could suggest something else I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

It's just formalities, I had to go through the medical here coughing up £500 too. Rest assured, I've spoken to previous ESL teachers and they've assured me that you get the £500 back in your first or second pay package.
As for the degree, I think you'll have to get some kind of confirmation from your tutor with his signature and the university stamp (predicted grade or something just to show you're legit).

Thank you.
It's great to hear I'll get that £500 back but doesn't this mean that if I get a ticket back home that I'll be stranded there until my new visa comes through?
S