Decent package or not ?

Right being a lazy sod I couldn't be bothered trawling all through the forum for answers so here goes. I have been put forward for a job in Doha, and they have provided the folowing package (I am a Senior Network Engineer with 15 years experience, and am currently in Tripoli, Libya) I have a wife but no kids, is this an acceptable package or not ?, cheers in advance.-

All are in QR and paid monthly unless stated (QAR 1=USD 0.27)

-          Basic Salary: 21,000 monthly

-          Housing Allowance: 13,200 (Family status), 10,800 (single status) monthly

-          Utilities Allowance: 900 monthly

-          Transport Allowance: 2,000 monthly

-          Ras Laffan Location Allowance: 1,500 monthly depending on the job location site or office based

-          Annual Recreation Allowance: 9,000/- QR. per year.

-          Furniture Allowance: 45,000/- QR.  - One time payment.

-          Annual Leave 37 Working Days.

-          Economy class mobilization and demobilization tickets for self and authorized dependents, (wife + 3 children), as per company policy.

-          Annual Airfare: One Economy class IATA 3 months return airfare paid cash once a year for self and authorized dependents (wife + 3 children), as per company policy.

-          Medical insurance coverage for self and authorized dependents. Life insurance for self only

-          Educational assistance for up to 3 authorized dependent children, as per company policy.

-          Normal End of service benefits (1 month basic salary for each completed year payable for the first 3 years of service and 1and half months of basic salary for the following years of service – payable at the end of service)

-          Merit increase based on performance

-          Annual Bonus based Program

To give you a package to make a comparison against, my package is:

Basic salary 27,000 QR per month, this is based on a 6 day week, 10 hour day.

Housing 13,000 per month on family status.

I do not get a utilities allowance, my company pay the deposit required and the utility accounts are in the companies name, the bills are deducted directly from my salary. This is for electric and telephone.

I am provided with a company phone and private calls are deducted from salary.

I get 110,000 QR allowance to purchase a new car, the car is fully expensed including fuel, servicing and any repair bills.

Annual recreation allowance I do not get, what exactly is this for, I may need to negoiate with my company.

Furniture allowance I do not get, but they will pay reasonable shipping costs.

Annual leave is 25 days plus the 10 public holidays

Mobilisation / demobilisation economy flights for family upto a total of 4,000 QR, anymore then I have to pay the difference.

One economy return airfare home per year for myself and the family.

I get medical insurance for myself and the family.

The company pay for private education for children over the age of 4 years and up to 3 children.

I do not get any end of service benefits.

I get a merit increase based on performance

I get an Annual Bonus based Program up to a maximum of 10% on the anual salary.

I hope this helps.

SW68 wrote:

To give you a package to make a comparison against, my package is:

Basic salary 27,000 QR per month, this is based on a 6 day week, 10 hour day.

Housing 13,000 per month on family status.

I do not get a utilities allowance, my company pay the deposit required and the utility accounts are in the companies name, the bills are deducted directly from my salary. This is for electric and telephone.

I am provided with a company phone and private calls are deducted from salary.

I get 110,000 QR allowance to purchase a new car, the car is fully expensed including fuel, servicing and any repair bills.

Annual recreation allowance I do not get, what exactly is this for, I may need to negoiate with my company.

Furniture allowance I do not get, but they will pay reasonable shipping costs.

Annual leave is 25 days plus the 10 public holidays

Mobilisation / demobilisation economy flights for family upto a total of 4,000 QR, anymore then I have to pay the difference.

One economy return airfare home per year for myself and the family.

I get medical insurance for myself and the family.

The company pay for private education for children over the age of 4 years and up to 3 children.

I do not get any end of service benefits.

I get a merit increase based on performance

I get an Annual Bonus based Program up to a maximum of 10% on the anual salary.

I hope this helps.

Thank you my friend, I haven't heard back from them so I am presuming it's a no go and I am stuck in Libya :rolleyes: