Hey, everyone! My name is Ryan and I'm new to this whole traveling experiance. Other than finding my plane ticket what else will I need to get to be safe and legal in Brazil? Thank you for any help hope you have a blessed day!

Hey man!!!!
Where are you from?
Where are you going?
How long you want to stay?

Hello Ryan,

http://elar-archive.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Welcome-banner.jpg

First of all - On behalf of everybody here at Expat-blog, welcome on board. I hope your participation on the blog will be both enjoyable and informative. I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends here too.

If you intend to come to Brazil for purely reasons of tourism then you will have to apply to the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in San Diego CA for a (multiple entry) VITUR Tourist Visa, of course you require a valid US Passport in order to do so. A VITUR will allow you to stay in Brazil for an initial visit of 90 days (or part) and you are able to extend that visit at the Policia Federal here in Brazil for an additional 90 days. You are allowed a total of 180 days per "rolling" one year period in Brazil and no more.

If you are looking for a longer stay then you would require one of the VITEM Temporary Visa categories, such as a VITEM-IV Student Visa which is issued for the semester and renewable as long as you continue in the qualified course.

If you wish to work in Brazil then you MUST apply for a VITEM-V Work Visa, which requires a confirmed job offer and work contract with a Brazilian company in order to obtain. These are traditionally issued for the duration of the contract (but no longer than 2 years) and are renewable as long as your employer confirms that you are still necessary to the company's operations.

Take your time to read through the postings at the top of the first Brazil Forum page with the push-pin symbol, they're filled with ALL the information you'll ever need to know about life in and living in Brazil.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

From Washington state origionally, live in San Diego Ca right now, & not really sure how long. Guess I'm open to wherever life takes me..