Temporary and/or permanent resident card

Hi.I have been here almost 9 mos, & plan to stay another 3 years, possibly the rest of my life, not counting going back to Florida now & then for vacations. I have to keep extending my visa for 3-month periods @ $70-$80 each time. After my extension this month the back of my visa will be full of stamps,so i am told in Oct.when i have to extend again,i will have to renew my visa for $200.I do all the paperwork through a govt. office in An Giang,as i live quite a distance from Ho Chi Minh City ---- a 6 to 7 hour bus ride. Are longer extensions possible?Are the prices i have been told & have been paying correct/reasonable?Is it possible to get either a temporary or a permanent resident card, and if so, what is the process & cost, and where do i go?Feedback will be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Dennis

Hi,

It is possible for you to have a temporary residential card(TRC). If you dont have work permit or business here, the price to make 3 year TRC will be 1200$.

Thanks very much for the reply & info Dejavu. If it is $1200 for 3 years i am better off doing it @ about $80 every 3 months, or $320/year, and especially if i can find out where to get it done for only $10 every 3 months.Still waiting for that info. Thanks again

DHuong wrote:

Thanks very much for the reply & info Dejavu. If it is $1200 for 3 years i am better off doing it @ about $80 every 3 months, or $320/year, and especially if i can find out where to get it done for only $10 every 3 months.Still waiting for that info. Thanks again

Someone i knew thought like you but the fact he paid more than that.Especially seems it is more difficult to extend Visa day by day. Why dont you want to live without thinking about visa for some years. Actually $1200 is for a Nigeria man. If you want i will give you a link and you will check the girl's number who makes this service. I can do it for free but i am busy for some weeks.

I just saw someone advertising 8$but it is just the fee. +45$ for all procedures.

I dont think someome will just do those things $10 only while government fee is more than that. Why dont you want to do it by yourself? It will be cheaper much.

He is talking about VEC which other members instructed  :)

Dejavu.dot wrote:

I dont think someome will just do those things $10 only while government fee is more than that. Why dont you want to do it by yourself? It will be cheaper much.

Dejavu.dot wrote:
DHuong wrote:

Someone i knew thought like you but the fact he paid more than that.Especially seems it is more difficult to extend Visa day by day. Why dont you want to live without thinking about visa for some years. Actually $1200 is for a Nigeria man. If you want i will give you a link and you will check the girl's number who makes this service. I can do it for free but i am busy for some weeks.

I just saw someone advertising 8$but it is just the fee. +45$ for all procedures.

It says $10.00 USD, (You pay in VND though, 210,000)I know been extending ours (My wife and I both have VEC's) for over 7 years and the renewal fee is about the same. Heck look at the stamp it's got $10.00 right on it.

Hi Budman,

I am glad to know this. You do it directly? If not, pls give me the contact of that service. I can need it next month.

Thanks in advance!

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Hi Budman,

I am glad to know this. You do it directly? If not, pls give me the contact of that service. I can need it next month.

Thanks in advance!

We do it ourselves. I have the form on my HD. I just change two dates on it, print them out, we sign, she has a cousin sign as a sponsor and take the forms down to the Chief of  Police, he signs it and puts his official stamp on it and we take them to Immigration in Hau Giang. Give them the forms with our passports, 420,000VND wait about 30 minutes and pick them up. Stamped and finished for another 3 months. Too easy.

Thanks Budman. I too find it quite easy. I'm not sure now if the OP is married or not. In his other post it seemed as if he were. I thought that was how we got on the VEC in lieu of a TRC. Old Blue has had a terrible time greeting his TRC. The last I recall he gave up on it. He had been waiting years as I recall.

I've looked online regarding a permanent resident card but I can't quite get my head round it; can anyone explain the best way to go about sorting it?

1312j wrote:

I've looked online regarding a permanent resident card but I can't quite get my head round it; can anyone explain the best way to go about sorting it?

Have you looked at the criteria to get this?

Yeah that's what I didn't particularly understand; the spouse one is pretty obvious but the other two are open to interpretation are they not?

To be honest, I would stick to the VEC or TRC.

Ok, will bear that in mind for the future, thanks for your help.