Brazilian Criminal Record Name Check

Am a US Expat that worked for a year in Rio de Janeiro - 2012 - 2013.    Working to get on a new contract in Canada that requires a Criminal Record Name Check from each country I have lived in over the past 5 years.      Am trying to find out how to obtain such a document from Brazil.     The Brazilian Consulate that covers the US State I'm in has not been much help so am assuming I need to get this document from the Rio Police - any suggestions or information on how to obtain?

Many thanks,

Riowabo

riowabo wrote:

Am a US Expat that worked for a year in Rio de Janeiro - 2012 - 2013.    Working to get on a new contract in Canada that requires a Criminal Record Name Check from each country I have lived in over the past 5 years.      Am trying to find out how to obtain such a document from Brazil.     The Brazilian Consulate that covers the US State I'm in has not been much help so am assuming I need to get this document from the Rio Police - any suggestions or information on how to obtain?

Many thanks,

Riowabo

Post this on the Brazil forum as there is a member there who has vast knowledge of all thing Brazilian. Good luck.

Hi Riowabo,

Your topic is now on the Brazil forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi riowabe,

You get a criminal record check online (for free) from the Policia Federal.

http://www.dpf.gov.br/servicos/antecedentes-criminais/

Click on "Emissão" and fill out all the information in the following forms that appear.

It can be validated at any time by your future employer by going to exactly the same webpage and clicking on "Validação" and filling in the information from the document.

Hope this is going to be of great help to you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team