Karaoke with local people

My boyfriend is a photographer. He is making a story about karaokes in Ho Chi Minh. Basically he takes pictures of interiors but it would be great to photograph rooms with people. So if somebody feels like showing us his favorite places we would be very happy!!
Since we don't speak Vietnamese  we'd like to go there with local people and explain the staff what we are doing.

My favorite  karaoke locates in Pham Viet Chanh street- opposite to Nguyen thi minh khai bookstore.  Very good to have a meeting with friends to watch football too.

My favo karaoke place is Nice or Kingdom.They have big rooms equipped LCD screens and newest songs. I usually go these places with my friends on weekend. On Su Van Hanh street, everywhere is karaoke shop but they updated new songs slowly.

Ira!
I suggest you invite expat-blog members and go together one good Karaoke  :)
So you/boyfriend can shoot freely. I don't think all Karaoke bars  allow to shoot if you don't book a room.

charmavietnam wrote:

Ira!
I suggest you invite expat-blog members and go together one good Karaoke  :)
So you/boyfriend can shoot freely. I don't think all Karaoke bars  allow to shoot if you don't book a room.

It's right..

Why not go to people's houses to photograph the karaoke? It might make a cool picture to have food, newspaper, and people all over the floor.