Is RM7500 enough in Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

I am from India and working as an IT profession having 6 yrs of experience. I am married (with no kid)
I got an offer from MNC in Kuala Lumpur for long term. They are offering me RM7500 per month.
Now I am confused and would like to know whether this will be sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Flower12 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your thread is now on the Kuala Lumpur Forum.

I kindly invite you to read the threads on our Forum section Cost of living in Kuala lampur for getting all information desired about your query.

Some threads like these will give you an idea of cost of living in Kuala Lampur :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=376487https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=379490https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=249285

Regards

Kenjee

The only concerns will be that most salaries at not pegged against cost of living here. So even though a salary may seem attractive now, if there is no likelihood of raises, then the earnings are slowly eroded over time.

Your income tax will be about RM7,000 per year (c. RM600 per month). If you are not also paying 12% of the remaining figure into the Malaysian pension (EPF) or a private corporate scheme, with matched employer contributions, you should consider anyway putting RM900 each month to develop savings and money available for big ticket items, such as schooling, car purchase, and retirement, etc.

So your actual disposable income is about RM6k per month. Accommodation will take about RM2-3k, depending on what you can find and where you need to live in relation to your office. COL is 30% higher in Malaysia than India, so you can work out how much you use now and max that up. Internet/TV, electricity and private transport are also expensive here, but mass transport is cheap. So much depends on your choices, but also whether you want to live in a country where foreigners are often mistaken for cheap labour and to make the distinction, requires money.

Another consideration is whether your wife will be able to work here. Most trailing spouses fail to find jobs - so its important to consider her career path as well as your own. If you then have a child, schooling will be very expensive as foreigners cannot attend local schools.

HI
Congrats Bhai...

Happily you can leave here no worries at all...

Thanks Kenjee for information.

Thanks Gravitas for your valuable information..

Thanks Suman..

congratulate,
you can happily live here..

Hi if you dont have any debts and dont need to save then you can just live on that. A married man will actually spend less than a single man as nightlife in kl is way too expensive.

However it is a really low offer. Judge that against the 8k rule. Companies have to provide more paperwork under 8k to justify hiring someone as below what immigration consider a decent salary.

With 6 years experience salary is poor. A friend who is 23 and Asian expat earns almost that and just survived in a shared place. Ok lots of travel and partying as well. But a low salary.

Yes to meet the basic needs of living wd little luxuries it is enough.
depends on which area u live and whats ur standard of living.
if u r living alone then u can save some money. If wd family then its difficult but not impossible.
it depends on u how u spend ur money.