Organizing a meeting where we can all meet in Nairobi.

Hello Everyone, we are organizing a meeting where we can all meet in Nairobi and get to know each other better. The proposed date is 12th July 2014. About the venue, we welcome suggestions. Please write back if interested. Thanks

Hi Sheekoh,

I created a new topic from your post on the Nairobi forum for better visibility and information.

Please feel free to contact us if you need some help in organizing the meeting, we might be able to promote the event. ;)

Regards,

David.

Thanks so much David. we need help in getting people to commit themselves. Am not sure how to be sure of the people to attend. and also to suggest a convenient venue. Thanks

Hi Sheekoh,

Let's wait for some suggestion from the other members for the location before and then we will be able to promote this gathering. ;)

So, who would like to start please? Any suggestion?

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi there,
Yes!  One possibility is Diamond Plaza.  The Chowpatty restaurant is quite good (vegetarian) and pretty quiet.  Easy to find in Parklands. 
Cool?
Thanks for organizing.  Carole

Hey there. Sounds like fun. Keep me posted on where and when..

Keep me posted on where n when. Would love to attend.

Nyama choma and cold beer 30 mins from nairobi. How does that sound?

Hi Sheekoh,

I'll be going to Nairobi on the 22nd August and will stay there for a fourtnight...

I'd love having a gathering organized for expats or anyone who would like to join...
Do u think it is posible ?
Many thanks

Hello Edmundo, yes we can organize. The first meeting did not take place, so we can try a new date. please check on a https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 23#2012215 people are discussing it there. thanks

hi Sheekoh!
That was a great initiative. Trust me, getting people from this blog to meet up has been quite a challenge, but we have a few who never disappoint. We have just been discussing the same with someone from the blog and thought that it is about time we had another meet up.
Here are the suggested dates:
August 2nd and 3rd weekend or
August 9th and 10th weekend.
Suggested venues: - Panari Sky Centre for Skiing
                               - Village Market for bowling
                               - Nairobi Safari Walk for a picnic
                               - Central Park ( behind Serena hotel) for a fun day
Ok,please vote. Choose a date and venue. Is none of the above appeal to you, please suggest a new date and venue. Let's see how it goes.

Hey Chicita, that's a nice suggestion. i also vote for 3rd August for bowling. that would be fun and a good start. Thanks for the ideas. This time even if its just a few, we will make it happen.

good idea

I would so love to attend depending on my schedule,but I'll so much appreciate if anyone will keep me posted either here or write to me  [email protected]

Hi Sheekoh,

I would love to go for bowling but unfortunately, i wont be in Nairobi till 22nd August...Is there any possibility to postpone that untill the 23rd August...?

Haiwii.... i will keep you posted.
Edmundo González ....i think we can do that. or Chicita what do you think? so that at least we can involve everyone willing to come like Edmundo

hi all,
I think that it would be wise to have this this and still plan for another one once Edmundo is in Nairobi. That way, we do not miss out on an opportunity to meet up with those who are available now and might not be available much later.

I am however open to whatever the majority agrees on.

to discuss next time))

Re: Coffee Chit Chat!!!
Hi all,
Based on the majority of the feed back, the meet up shall be on the 9th/10th weekend.
Venues: - Panari Sky Centre for Skiing
              - Village Market for bowling - It is out for now because it is closed.
              - Nairobi Safari Walk for a picnic
              - Central Park (behind Serena Hotel) for a fun day.
Could we now vote on the 3 venues?

Hi all,
May I conclude and say that we are up for this Saturday, the 9th of August, at 10:30 am? So far, most votes have gone to the picnic ideas. We need to choose between the two:
- Nairobi Safari Walk ( Entry fees: 250 for citizens, 350 for residents and $ 25 for non-resident) and
- Central Park - free.
Let's carry some snacks to share with the rest of the team.

Please let me know what you think about that.
Also, inbox me so that we know the exact number of participants.