Move to malta

we want to move to malta my husband is a   pensioner i am 53 how do we go about moving to malta :/:/

Hi yorkie lass,

you can choose between plane,car, ship, train or walk it !

What exactly do you want to know ? How well do you know Malta?

Cheers
Ricky

yorkie lass wrote:

we want to move to malta my husband is a   pensioner i am 53 how do we go about moving to malta :/:/

First port of call I suggest are these links ...

WHAT FOLLOWS APPLIES TO EU CITIZENS

EU Citizens e-residency process & Health Care info.

and lastly ...

Useful Websites & Blogs

Matt

Hi Yorkie Lass,

After 3 months in Malta, you should register your residence with the relevant authority (local police station), to be issued with a residence document. You will need a valid passport, proof of a comprehensive health insurance cover there and proof of a sufficient income (from any source) to live without needing income support. Check out this link for more info: europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/documents-formalities/registering-residence/index_en.htm

You may find this link about pensioners retiring abroad also useful: europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/work/retire-abroad/index_en.htm

Hi Your Europe,

You should be careful not to give generic information when posting on the Malta forum as Malta is not the rest of Europe.
There is a sticky thread here giving all the information necessary and people should be sent a link to that in the first instant.

coxf0001 wrote:

Hi Your Europe,

You should be careful not to give generic information when posting on the Malta forum as Malta is not the rest of Europe.
There is a sticky thread here giving all the information necessary and people should be sent a link to that in the first instant.

and just to be clear Yorkie Lass - the sticky thread referred to is the second of the links I gave, but could be the first one you check  :)

Your Europe. Your information is incorrect. See https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643
Anyone else should read that too, not misinformation.

redmik wrote:

Your information is incorrect. See https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Hi redmik - not sure if your comment directed to me -  but my 2nd link is exactly the same as your link  :)
Matt

MovingToTheMed wrote:
redmik wrote:

Your information is incorrect. See https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Hi redmik - not sure if your comment directed to me -  but my 2nd link is exactly the same as your link  :)
Matt

Certainly not. Directed at Your Europe. I'll amend to make clear, sorry.

You can get a basic information here about it:
octavemalta.com/residency/retire-to-malta/
octavemalta.com/residency/

Hi coxfooo1, Redmik, MovingToTheMed,
kudos for your comments. Agreed, your information - especially the one given in Redmiks great introductory post and in the links from MovingToTheMed - is much more detailed. The information we have is mostly generic for all EU countries, but it's not wrong. What you describe is how Malta tranposes the EU framework. That's different for each country, and when moving abroad, I would always recommend to check the most detailed information available.

One thing to always bear in mind is that generic information is exactly that; characteristic of or relating to a class or group of things; not specific.
When considering Malta or any other country, one should always be mindful that each country will have its own processes.
That is particularly true for Malta which interprets EU Laws and Rule sin its own, inimitable manner.