Hello everybody

My name is noha , I am a wife with two kids , my husband is working in a company in Indonesia and me and my family gonna relocate in kl after 2months, I am a kindergarten english teacher , my son age is 4 years and my daughter 9 months, want your ideas for best place to live alone with my kids coz my husband will be traveling a lot, best schools, hospitals, pediatricians everything

Thanks

Try to build the career of your son and daughter

Hello mr forekan , thanks for your reply , but what do u mean by building their career

Well it depends on what kind of budget you have - that'll determine which location you should look at. I typically would say since you live alone, then perhaps its best to live in an apartment/condominium that has good security. KL aka Greater KL (includes some parts of Selangor which is what is called the Klang Valley).

If you can afford it, Mont Kiara is a good location for expats. But they don't come cheap if I recall. I am not too sure what range they go for. If you use sites like ibilik / http://www.caribilik.com.my - maybe you might get an idea if the owners do list it there.

However, there are other gems with a little big more affordable rates. Pelangi Utama near Bandar Utama is a little bit more down to earth and it is within walking distance to a big shopping mall. On the other hand, if you want to go to work, there are a few kindergartens around that area too. It is fairly safe in the day but I would suggest not walking alone when it is dark. Pelangi Utama is only 8 minutes walk to 1 Utama. I know that because I own a unit there. Depending on which unit you go for rents here can be between RM1600 - 2500

Then there is also TTDI (Taman Tun Dr. Ismail) - there are a couple of nice condominiums there too... depending on which side you look for. The east end is a little closer to a wet market, with a couple of nice shops. There's also a hospital only a short walk away. On the other end (west side) has only a single row of shops but is close to the big shopping spot - 1 Utama. Rents here may be slightly higher, estimated around RM1,800 - RM3,000

Dear philipyeo thanks a lot for your reply , I prefer to be in the city centere so what's your opinion about ampang hilir, I need to find a secure compound with a condomium of 2 rooms with affordable prices so if u can advice me with a name of a compound I would appreciate
Thanks

As a matter of preference, I personally would not live in City centre of Kuala Lumpur although I did study there for many years during my high school days. I have not lived in Ampang Hilir so I am not able to advise much on what it is like over there. One word of advice is to choose a location that is near a LRT/ Monorail line if you do not plan to commute with car.  That'll make it easier for you to get around. Infact if you were to live in the city centre, it would be troublesome to commute with your own car. Congestion is synonymous to downtown KL.