Anyone replay me (if you can)

One year ago my dream was to live abroad anyplace but not in Egypt.
I decided to make my dream European one, and I choose Germany to be my destination (in my dream)(due to my studies as a mechanical engineer)
And because I'm an ambitious I exerted all my efforts to save money and learn German.
One month ago I was talking to German girl and told her my dream.
She advised me not to go deeper in my dream because it will be a nightmare
I asked her about the reason and she told me:

1. all European people have they ways to take the money from you (con)

2. If you are smart and intelligent you will be forced to give them your money (stealing)

3. If you are healthy and know something about karate you will keep the money out of them but you won`t about your requirements their (so expensive life)

4. If you are genius you will get high salary and it`ll be enough to be alive there for two weeks only in the month

5. it`s not safe country like Egypt

6. The people aren`t kind like the Egyptians

Is she right or wrong?
And if she`s right where I can travel?
Please anyone replay me.

Hi Whedy,
I was already two times for work in Germany, back in 1979 (for 3 years) and again in 1987 (for 2 years). Recently (this year) I was there again in holidays visiting german friends.
I'm portuguese with latin look and people on the street did know immediatly I was a stranger (dark hair, brown eyes, relatively small) but... I never felt fear or insecure.

In my oppinion, what I did read on your post is PURE NONSENSE!!!

Another thing is the actual situation with unemployment everywhere in the world. It's realy not easy to find a nice job in Germany or in Europe in general.
Don't quit on your dream but... maybe you should postpone it for some time till economy shows better days...

Regards
Carlos

Hi i live in france i have to go in cologne (germany) in July.
She's wrong, european peope don't steal any money.
:)

Carlos C wrote:

Another thing is the actual situation with unemployment everywhere in the world. It's realy not easy to find a nice job in Germany or in Europe in general.
Don't quit on your dream but... maybe you should postpone it for some time till economy shows better days...

I agree with you.
And you'll never know until you're there. Experience change from person to person. Someone can have had a miserable life in a place while someone else had the time of their lives.
You won't know.

Dear Wedy,

My very first suggestion shall start from a quote quitters never win….. so believe in yourself aim at the moon you will end up at least on a star. Hope you got my point.

At a time I worked with Germans. They don't give a damn about the look or the skin colour long as you are  smart, professional and punctual etc………you will be a team player. (They are very wonderful colleagues can blessed with)

Knowledge of the German language is playing huge part for the survival. (in terms of most aspects)
So my dear equip with right knowledge and face the challenge ahead with no fear…..sure  you gonna win,

Believe what you see not what you hear. Prove me wrong if opposite happens once you land Germany. Drop a line.
Opportunities are not much as before due to market downfall so fairly some companies has freeze recruitment for the survival but it's getting better unlike last year.

The other points were really childish who ever given you. (except 4)

Keep dreaming and work on till you get there.

Liyoni

Thanks all my new friends
i can see that there`s alot of ambitious people in this world
thanks again

whedy wrote:

Thanks all my new friends
i can see that there`s alot of ambitious people in this world
thanks again

Yes go for your dream> This German girl IS talking such rubbish.
I lived in Germany  for nearly 6 yrs in a place called Islerohn near Dortmund.
Before i moved there i was told many silly things about Germany and German people,and none was true I was told they were obnxoious and rude, but they were not .
They were helpful and friendly and like anyone else in the world. So your German friend is talking such rubbish, and why she is saying it , i do not know, very immature .
Whedy just follow your dream ! good luck

discussion moved to the Germany forum ;)

There are often stereotypes about countries, and the people who claim Germany or UK is free from racism are often the same people who then go on calling another country unsafe , e.g Iran or Thailand.

I supose Egyptians experience Germany through Egyptian, foreign and Middleastern eyes, where as a German female traveller in say Indonesia will experience Indonesia through a foreigners eyes, so it is not always easy to give advice on that one.

I would recommend you to stay away from East Germany and east berlin as there are many more Neo fascists in East than West Germany.

Hi,

I have been living in Germany for more than 7 years now and found the people to be the nicest of all nations...
Have never heard such a nonesense before...Its obvious, she was simply discouraging you fom coming in here....

new_in_norway wrote:

There are often stereotypes about countries, and the people who claim Germany or UK is free from racism are often the same people who then go on calling another country unsafe , e.g Iran or Thailand.

I supose Egyptians experience Germany through Egyptian, foreign and Middleastern eyes, where as a German female traveller in say Indonesia will experience Indonesia through a foreigners eyes, so it is not always easy to give advice on that one.

I would recommend you to stay away from East Germany and east berlin as there are many more Neo fascists in East than West Germany.

I lived in a place called Iserlohn , near Dortmund and there was neo fascism there , so like  a another form of racism it's everywhere