New job

Hi
I've been offered a job in Doha and I'm not sure what to do!
Its something I've wanted to do for so long and now I've got the opportunity I've got cold feet. Basically I've got a wife and 3 kids who will not be coming with me. Can anyone offer any advice who is or knows anyone in the same situation who has already made the same move? Please help I need to make my decision by Sunday 29th June.
Many thanks, Luke.

hi there you are not alone, me too, wondering what is the right salary and expectations

Hi guys,
I was in the same boat just 3 months ago!

I eventually did not go just because of the mere fact that they have this system of Exit Permit at the airport. This basically means, that you cannot Exit Qatar unless the company you are with signs off the exit agreement on the Immigration website, and basically they clear you for exit. Now for me this was Extremely extremely alarming as I was also leaving behind my family (wife and parents) and we could not be seeing each other for 3-6 months! That got me thinking again if the risk is worth taking. And I did not go! 

Now here's the difference, I was offered the job for a small startup in Qatar who were paying me somewhere near 15K a month with the basic benefits n all. This seemed pretty LOW and the more I asked people, the more they told me to negotiate. Also, a startup with the owner meant that ONLY the owner could grant me the exit permit had I gone. Consider this is not your scenario. If the company whose offered you is a sizable company with foreign nationals employed as well, then it makes it safer. Also, do the basic research if the salary they're offering you is worth the move. Also do keep in consideration that the rent is sky high in Qatar.   

On the brighter side, I have heard from someone who knows someone who again knows someone that they have now lifted this Exit Permit. I don't know, please confirm it from the embassy or someone; or talk directly to your employer sharing this concern. I urge you to ask them about their policy on you Exiting Qatar if there's an emergency back home. Do this as a drill to check what they have to say about it. This can be a litmus test for you.

In no way do I want you guys to turn down your offers based on what I am telling you and neither do I want to scare you. Do you research first. and then decide. Let me also tell you, I had signed the offer letter and sent them the signed copy. I later declined. Nothing happened! It's not a very Morally correct thing to do, and I confess here on an open forum. But You always have a choice! Family should always come first!
Hope this post helps...