What procedure is to move to Northern Ireland

Hi! my name is Sandra and I am from Mexico. My boyfriend is from Northern Ireland and he has asked me to move there. I have two little girls that would be going with me of course. The thing is I really don't know what I would have to do, if I need a visa or what the procedure is to move to that country.
I would also love to know what's like to live there.
I would appreciate all the help you could give me.

Thanks!

Sandra

Hello Sandra !

You will definitely need a visa, I suggest that you strongly look into this, it's quite complex.
As you are not married if could me more complex even. ( you will have to prove that you've been living together for 3 years I think)
You would have to apply for a resident permit as a family member of a EEA national IF you're boyfriend as an Irish passport. What is the nationality of your children ? They might need a visa too. If you're boyfriend is only British that could be very tricky. As he would be require to earn the equivalent of 23 000 £/year.
You will have to spend both a lot of time here > https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … mmigration   and find the right visa for your unique situation.
There are some unofficial dedicated forums too, where people currently applying or in your situation can help.

I don't think I 'll be able to help you fully, as my application ( my husband is from India, I am French) was a couple of years ago, and regulations change a lot.

As for NI, being from Mexico you will miss the sun and the warmth. Northern Ireland is rainy, and cold in comparison. It's a nice place to live though.

If you have specific questions, don't hesitate.
Good luck !
Elinore

Hello Sandra and welcome on board :)

Just to inform you that a new thread has been created from your post in the Northern Ireland Forum.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi I am a kenyan currently working in doha qatar and would love to move to ireland.whats the best procedure to use as its been my dream to live and work in ireland.