Mum with 2 kids - questions before moving

Dear all,

After living in Saudi for the last 4 years I will relocate to Bahrain in August. I will be living with my 2 sons (2.5 yrs and 4 months old) and the maid. I hope you can help me with the following doubts:

1) Best (affordable and safe) area to live with young children. I'm looking for a quiet place near a playground or green area, not too isolated as I will need to take my eldest son to the nursery. I would like a semi-furnished property around 600 BHD. 3 bedrooms.

2) Any recommendations on good nurseries?

3) Our maid is Ethiopian with Saudi residence card (same as me and the kids). Will she be able to get a temporary visa upon arrival? I mean, longer than 3 days.

4) Where can I buy a decent used car? I believe this is better option than hiring.

Thanks in advance!!

Hello lana79,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I hope you will get all the answers you are looking for. :)

All the best with your move,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Thanks, Olivier.

Welcome to bahrain in advance....
You can contact me anytime i hope i could help you dear
regards
nawal

Hi lana79,

I think the answer to your first question depends to an extent on where you will be working.  e.g. If making the commute to Saudi it may be preferable to live nearer to the Causeway (Hamala, Janabiya, Saar), though I do know of someone who lives in Amwaj Islands and commutes to Saudi from there!  There are a few posts here asking about recommended areas to live in: https://www.expat.com/forum/410-7-accom … hrain.html

You can have a look on Bahrain Property World to see the available properties in the budget you have specified.  http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/bah … -for-rent/

I cannot help with your next questions, but hopefully someone else will be along soon with their experience!

HTH

S

Hi lana79
I have started my 2 1/2 year old son at Early Learners in Saar.  It is his first 'school' so I have enrolled him in their Summer Camp, so he'll be comfortable in September when they start. It has been a wonderful experience with the staff and he is loving it. Highly recommend them!

Hi Lana, Sorry for the late reply. I think the best location that sums all your requirements is Gufool. It is a safe area where there are many nurseries, it lies in the centre of the city near Salmaniyah and Manama oldtown. As for the maid, I don't think you change her residence visa, it's better to hire a new one in Bahrain with a viable legal visa. As for buying a car, I think it is a nice idea to buy a used one. You can find many nice results on OLX. I bought mine from this website. ***

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct