What a Twist!!

This is classic!

Got off from Reuters, that 2 Englishmen were arrested for trying to rob their taxi driver in the southeastern city of Belo Horizonte.

After all the news report about how dangerous things are in Brazil (it can be) as reported in the British media, this is a real twist on the robber and victim role!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Way tooooooooooo funny!!! Will comment on this one more later, gotta run right now  :lol:

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

This one is rich, I laughed so hard my sides nearly split.

Having lived in Belo Horizonte for several years in the past I know from painful experience that it is customary for some of the less scrupulous taxi drivers (and there are enough of this kind) who are more accustomed to "robbing" their gringo fares, by taking long round-about routes, streets they know will be most congested, "accidentally" getting lost, and all sorts of tricks just to run up the meter as high as they can. So in this case the shoe was really on the other foot. Not that I condone criminal behaviour, but this really does have its humorous side.

This is why I've always recommended that when you find a good one, and yes they really do outnumber the crooked cabies by a good margin, that one should always give a decent tip. Also ask for the driver's cellular phone number and try to give him/her your business as much as possible. Establish a good friendship with the driver, because you never know when it will pay off with surprising and completely unexpected benefits.

I established just such a friendship with a taxi driver in São Paulo, gave him my business whenever I could even if it meant waiting until he was available if he already had a fare, tipped him well and we hit it off famously.

One day I left my apartment to stroll down to the supermarket to buy groceries, the sun was blazing, a truly beautiful day and I had left my windows partly open. Sure enough a tropical storm hit without warning while I was in the supermarket and the neighborhood was flooded trapping everybody inside. I called my old friend who was at home, not only did he drop everything and come to my aid, but he knew a back way to get to the supermarket that wasn't flooded arrived within 15 minutes and rescued me. I got home to find my apartment partially flooded (another story), but you can just imagine how much worse it would have been if I were trapped in the supermarket for a couple of hours like everybody else ended up being.

Really, it's a thankless job, in Brazil it's as dangerous as all Hell and I wouldn't have it at any salary. My hat comes off to these guys, who for the most part are wonderful and can be your guardian angel if you show you appreciate them.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

William,

I know what you mean.  A friend of mine was a victim of "Express Kidnapping" by a Rio taxi driver, and I myself was subjected to some roundabout trips.  But when I do get good drivers, I do give them a tip of about 10% of fare.  Once it was raining pretty hard, and the place I was going only about 3km.  Most of the drivers can't be bothered due to the short distance, the one who did not only took me there but also told me to forget about payment.  I simply thank him and gave him about double what the fare would have cost.  I still have his number and try to give him business when possible.

I can't help but laugh my ass off when I read this story.  I mean this is about a big role reversal as I have ever seen!

Another weird story to share:

"Football: England fan's ear bitten off during Uruguay game"

Small extract from the news site "LONDON - An England fan had his ear bitten off by another during the side's World Cup game against Uruguay in Brazil, police in Britain said on Saturday.

The assault at the Group D game in Sao Paulo on 19 June left the man with half of his left ear ripped off and bloodied, they said."

With Luis biting added to this, my question then becomes.... Does human really taste that good?  Hmm... but even if that's the case, I would have preferred my red meat medium done.  Raw red meat seems too bloody to me, but I suppose Luis and this English bloke like it fresh.

For more on this story, you can go to below webpage:
http://news.asiaone.com/news/sports/foo … uguay-game:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if their Goth and Vampire counterparts that these Brits have some new kind of Cannibal sect too?

I find it amazing that a national network news anchor here has publicly stated that the FIFA sanctions (9 game + 4 month suspension) against Luis Suarez were too harsh. What's that?

If anything since this is the third time he's bitten another player and has a couple of assaults against others under his belt, I was amazed that the penalty wasn't much stiffer. I also agree with most psychologists who've ventured opinion about his behaviour stating that he has severe problems stemming from his infancy. I think it's too bad that when the other player elbowed him in the face it didn't knock out all his teeth! Now that would have been justice.

I was at the game in Maracana yesterday, and the few Uruguayan I met all denied it ever happened!! :o

Their reply was that it's a conspiracy, anti-Uruguay sentiment and anything else that comes to mind.  When I ask them about the photos taken, as well as the fact that Luis himself has not denied it.  They answered that the photos were photoshop and there is no way they will believe it. :dumbom:

I gather that they are mostly in self denial and refuse to believe their one superstar can be so messed up.

You should see the fights that occurred in the stadium yesterday.  Also all neutral parties (Brazilians, Japanese, Americans) were all cheering for Colombia.

My Brazilian friend said it best "When it first happened most of us felt for Uruguay, and wondered how Luis could have let the country down like that.  But after the reports from Uruguay TV and the fact that not a word of apology was given, we will support any country that plays them.  Even knowing that Colombia is very strong and if they win Brazil will meet them in the next game."

Cheers.

Suarez has problems, it's likely that the Uruguayans simply can't face having a nut job on their national team.

I doubt that he's at all repentant, but that might not last long, 888poker has cancelled their contract with him and while Adidas has only dropped him from all of their World Cup advertising, they're likely to cave in to worldwide pressure from their customers to cancel his contracts completely.

We'll see what the future holds. Maybe he can get a contract to endorse orthodontic appliances or maybe toothpaste.

Maybe fans and players alike just need to have a good meal before the games...LOL.

And on a more serious note unfortunately Suarez was not penalized BEFORE they snatched Italy's win. That was a real crime.

And you're right, William. That guy has a real and troubling problem. He needs more than just not being allowed to play for a while. He needs psychiatric help. And so far he's NOT repentant. He was interviewed about it and he still was saying (as are fans and his coaches alike) that "those things happen in these games" blah blah blah. Right. IF they "happen" it's only because of HIM and FIFA previously allowing it til now to CONTINUE "happening."

"These things" as he calls them are troubling enough when they happen in Nursery School or Kindergarten and a responsible parent would seek out psychological help for any child who expresses agressive biting behaviour patterns.

If they're not acceptable in a child's early education and formative years, why the Hell does he think we should simply expect and accept it from a so-called "professional" athlete????

You know the really funny part of it all?

If this were to happen off the pitch, that's grounds for assault charges and civil liable suit on top of that.  So why can't they understand that it cannot be tolerated to have this happen at all on the pitch? :/   

Well the one thing I do know is that the next time I get to the airport, and at the security screening when asked if I was carrying any dangerous items... I will show them my teeth :mad::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Lighthand,

I hear you bigtime. I remember decades ago in Canada when hockey became such a violent sport that the Canadian Parliament decided that it was high time to enforce the Criminal Code provisions for assault and assault causing bodily harm even in cases where it was as a result of on-ice dust ups between professional hockey players.

There were several cases where police officers stopped hockey games, went out on the ice and arrested players. That put an end to the problems of violence among the players real quick.

wjwoodward wrote:

"These things" as he calls them are troubling enough when they happen in Nursery School or Kindergarten and a responsible parent would seek out psychological help for any child who expresses agressive biting behaviour patterns.

If they're not acceptable in a child's early education and formative years, why the Hell does he think we should simply expect and accept it from a so-called "professional" athlete????

William, that's exactly his point (I guess). Suarez is saying that what happens "on the field" or "during a futbol game" is PAR FOR THE COURSE, and should not be held to the same standards or rules as daily life and civil laws. Incredible. Like all bets are off just because you're playing futbol?? Sheesh!

http://s26.postimg.org/47sl0z2ut/Respect.jpg

This is the reason why so many neutrals supports Colombia over Uruguay.  They have grace and though they are just as passionate as the next country in supporting their own, they are gracious in winning and accept the fact that they are not perfect.

On the other hand you have this....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 … zzucchelli:(:(:(

Suarez is simply in denial and he has kept repeating the same mantra for such a long time that he now believes it along with his supporters who add strength to this denial with their support.

Exactly. The fanatical, blind, self-serving "support" of his fans, coaches and team members is hurting him and in the end not "supporting" him at all.

I think Luis is a great player (not withstanding his anger management issues).  But he NEEDS help.. by going into denial, and worst with his supporters also feeding this believe.  They are NOT helping him.

I would really hate to see him fizzle out, cause he IS one of the most talented footballers in his generation.  And his football skills is beautiful to watch.

That's more like it Suarez! :top:

Admit your mistakes, correct them and move on.  I'm glad he came clean about this, and wish him all the very best!

For details, please see news report below:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/spo … 23830.html:)

Hadn't heard he'd apparently apologized etc.? Well, I hope that apology includes seeking professional help because I can't believe he will be able to "move on" and go from someone who justly has been dubbed "Cannibal" and "Vampire" to someone who "just plays nice."

Had a good laugh after reading below story... a follow on to Luis's incident.  And it's possible that his apology is forced so that he can move to Barcelona.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/sg/features/ … arezs-bite

http://www.ijui.com/img-artigo-MzY3eDA=/64088/june-2014-suarez-1403923539-jpeg

Even Zé Vampir from Turma da Monica is a fan of Luis Suarez!!!

And we have the opportunist cashing in.... (cute though)...

http://s26.postimg.org/ra91tg46t/Luis_Suarez_bottle_opener_530x321.jpg

I have to see if I can get one..

:lol:

Gee I don't know about this one... can beer transmit the Rabies virus?????? I'd be safe and not risk it.  :/

Don't worry I believe the alcohol will kill all the germs!

:lol::lol::lol: