Salary Package in Nairobi

I am being offered a job in Nairobi, however I am uncertain of the salary that I would like to expect as I am not sure about the cost of living in Nairobi and Bench mark there. Let me know if anyone has an idea what is the minimum salary an expatriate should expect and benefits that a private company should provide.

Thanks!

minimum 2000 usd  + medical  and accomodation

ZZ21 wrote:

I am being offered a job in Nairobi, however I am uncertain of the salary that I would like to expect as I am not sure about the cost of living in Nairobi and Bench mark there. Let me know if anyone has an idea what is the minimum salary an expatriate should expect and benefits that a private company should provide.

Thanks!

For an informed answer you need to give more information. 
What is the job
What are your qualifications
How many years of experience
Are you being offered accommodation, transport, medical insurance, living allowance, flights home etc

It depends on the job you're being offered and what benefit package. Many of my expatriate friends earn well over $2000 plus housing insurance etc

Hi Freinds ..I have been offered a Job in Nairobi with Package of 1400 USD net + Accommodation +Car....Is it worth taking? I'll be shifting with my Wife

$1400 is around INR 84k, and you need to care of your expenses etc.
even if you can save INR50k,
can't u save that amount in India,
check again with your salary in India or ask more

Regards,
SNM

It depends on the nature of job offered to you and what type of standard of living you are expecting to live.  For instance a two bedroom can cost you from 10,000 shillings to > 200,000 shillings a month depends on the area.