Bank account on student visa

Is it possible to open account in bank on student visa? If yes than what documents I need? At the end of study, will bank allow me to transfer excess money back to my home country with out any difficulty ? I would love to get your reply if you know anything about internet transfer.

Which bank has best internet banking interface in your opinion?

I would be thankful to you if you can just ask some or all of these questions to your next visit to bank and post your reply.

Thanks

I like Standard Chartered as they have a great mobile phone app as well as internet banking. You are supposed to need a resident's permit to open a bank account but there might be special arrangements for students.

Thanks hkann for reply.

In another thread I read about your post and come to know that your treasury bills give you 22% interest rate (Just going off the track for a moment) May I know how did you invest it? Is it open for foreign students? I always keep some surplus money with me for riding safe. So I would like to see my money growing while I am studying.

You would have to go into the bank and ask if you can purchase treasury bills. However as you are going to be a student here then I suggest you leave your money in your own country and withdraw it via the ATM. The currency is depreciating quite rapidly that even investing here in cedis may not cover depreciation and inflation which is currently around 15%