Visa issue

I have an issue with my visa now, i had an offer with one company and decided to resigned with my current company so that i can accept and transfer with the good offer given to me and the new company urgently needed the position offered to me to be filled. I have sent my resignation to my current company. Unfortunately they have asked me to pay my visa+ 1 way ticket (i just came from vacation) + 1 month salary if i want to leave urgently. It's a cost of almost BD 900.000 which is very big amount of money.

I have to decide to stay and finish my resignation for a period of 1 month instead of paying that big amount, they leave me with no choice. The new company couldn't wait for me for a month and informed me that they already hired someone to fill the gap.

Now i only have 4days left with my current company, and int he end of me period time they will deduct the visa and ticket from my indemnity.

Is there anyone who can confimr to me that i should not be charge for that visa? HIstory of the visa below;

NOte:

I just renewed my contratc last aApril 2014 for my third contract with the same company, i almost work with them for 4years and 2 months.

Thank you and looking forward to your response.

Issues such as this depend on your contract of employment and Bahrain Corporate Law. Both these intend to look after the best interests of employee and employer.

You are in a very sticky situation and I do feel sorry for you. From what I know, employers generally seek to recover visa and ticket costs during the the first contract only, if the employee decides to break the contract. Once both employer and employee build up mutual respect and goodwill, these things are no longer important. I am surprised your employer wishes to charge you after you have served them for 4 years - but this maybe because you too were unreasonable in trying to leave without proper notice and within a short period after your vacation (I note the ticket for your vacation was provided by your current employer).

I know its a bit late now, but you should not have agreed to join the new employer without giving proper notice to your current employer. After all you did spend 4 years with them and you should have been respectful and professional when you had decided to leave. In addition, they did provide a return air ticket for you to go on vacation and get back, with the expectation that you will serve them for a further term. Now that your new employer has already filled the vacancy you have neither job. I know so many cases where employees forget their current employers' interest when thinking of moving to a new job.

In any event, go through your contract of employment and check if such situations are covered in it. Otherwise you may need to get legal assistance if you do not wish to accede to their demands. You can also call the LMRA and check what your rights are.

Yet another great response from Farhaz.

Dear Farhaz,

Thank you for your response.

I must say that it was my negligence, i know that i have made a mistake leaving my current employer for the new one without making sure my safety. However, i was also really surprised for what my current employer did after serving them for 4 years like what u said.

I have read mu contract and it's clearly mentioned that my ticket is cover by my last contract. every 2 years of two way ticket but yet they are trying to charge me for one way.

Once again thank you for your response.

Would you mind to give me an idea about mobility?

Shall i need to apply the mobility before they cancel my visa or i can do that after them cancelling my visa?

Thanks in advance.

Mobility must be applied before cancelling your visa.