Finding a teaching job in Ho Chi Minh City

Hello everyone,

I have just completed my BSc degree in London and flew straight out to Chiang Mai to complete the CELTA course, and am now ready to find work. After reading many blogs online I decided to teach in Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City is my preferred destination, however I have a few questions and I hope some teachers can guide me on the best course of action.

I will not get my BSc certificate until graduation day in November and the CELTA certificate should arrive sometime in July. Is this going to be a problem for me securing a work permit? I have applied to Compass education, I had an interview 2 days ago and secured the job, but I'm not sure if this is a good company to work for. I'm looking for full time, set hours and Compass seems to be around 20 hours as a Teaching Assistant spread over Monday - Saturday, and after reading through the contract it seems as though I will have to pay for the work permit myself.

Does anybody know whether this is a good company to work for? Also does anyone have any recommendations for companies to apply to.

Thanks for your time, hope to hear back from you soon :)

Chris

Welcome to Saigon!
I suggest you obtain your degree certificates before come.
Check below for more details.
http://www.residentvietnam.com/immigrat … mmigration

Also bring a non-criminal ( aka justice record) background record from your home country to apply for a WP

Hi there,

I am a Canadian  living in Vung Tau , Vietnam.  I got on  a plane after finishing my TESOL course.  I had no plan and hit the ground running.. If i was to give advice, it would be to apply at ILA.  HCMC is very hot, very noisy and no beaches, which is why I came to Vung Tau. Cost of living is cheaper, fresh air, fresh clean food and beaches. DO NOT ride a motorbike with a back pack, very dangerous, ALOT of theft in HCMC

Good luck, you will find work no problem!

jobstreet.vn/en/   --> to find any job
vus.edu.vn/en  --> english center
ilavietnam.com/ilaportal/#splash
cleverlearnvietnam.vn/
duongminh.edu.vn/en

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]