Vietnam and Thailand

I travel through China Thailand and Vietnam 4 years back and certain parts of each country. i want to live in Thailand or Vietnam for a while. Have people found the health insurance ok? What about Malaria. I had Dingue Fever many years ago in Bali. Not good.
I stayed in NhaTrang for a brief stay on my travels. Fell in love with the hot pools, and the city in general.
Have you been there long term? Is it a good place to live?
I would probably try for some part time work at the university there.
I worked in China GUFS for a while. Vietnam appears to me, to be full of growth and opportunity.
i am a citizen of Australia and New Zealand. I'm in NZ at the moment. Bloody cold. The airport up the road is looking good.
Cheers
James Rhodes
B.Bus., M.Mus., TESOL

Hello groovasious & welcome on board :)

Kindly note that I moved your thread to the Thailand forum so you can interact with members from over there to get up to date information.

I also invite you to create a new thread in the Vietnam forum with specific questions if you wish to have more information.

For us to be able to guide you best, do tell us in which area you want to live in both countries.

Regards

Kenjee
:cheers:

groovasious wrote:

I travel through China Thailand and Vietnam 4 years back and certain parts of each country. i want to live in Thailand or Vietnam for a while. Have people found the health insurance ok? What about Malaria. I had Dingue Fever many years ago in Bali. Not good.
I stayed in NhaTrang for a brief stay on my travels. Fell in love with the hot pools, and the city in general.
Have you been there long term? Is it a good place to live?
I would probably try for some part time work at the university there.
I worked in China GUFS for a while. Vietnam appears to me, to be full of growth and opportunity.
i am a citizen of Australia and New Zealand. I'm in NZ at the moment. Bloody cold. The airport up the road is looking good.
Cheers
James Rhodes
B.Bus., M.Mus., TESOL

James
Hi. What exactly do you want to know about Thailand? Your age, working or not, visa you intend to arrive on might help us help you.
Malaria/Dengue? Not much of the first but ample portions of the second.
BTW its bloody hot here ;-)

Hello Kenjee,
Probably I will head for Nha Trang next Feb. I'm 62 in September, sick of the cold hear. I've put on weight, food is expensive here. Need to live on fish for a while. I hate to get that Dengue again, just about killed me in the 70's
Cheers
James Rhodes