Visiting Oslo between 15-18 Aug 2014(Request your valuable suggestions

Hello,
I am Jaideep from grenoble,France. I am planning to visit norway between 14-18 August 2014.I have just only booked my flight tickets to & from Oslo.I request your valuable suggestions for the following

I am an solo traveller & my main topic is to tour norway economically. Please suggest
1.Where can I stay in Oslo?
2. What are the best places that I can visit?
3. How can I plan to eat economically.

I have few more questions, which I will post later tomorrow. Thanks for replying.

Hello,

Do you plan to stay in Norway, or did you want to travel to other parts of the country? Have you had a look at the official Oslo travel guide: http://www.visitoslo.com/en/

David

Anker hostel offers quite cheap stays, have a look: http://www.ankerhostel.no/

Thanks David for your suggestion.

I am very new to Scandinavian countries. I arrive at Oslo Airport on 14th Aug (night) & return from Oslo on 18th Aug (afternoon). So, it will greatly help me, if you can suggest me places.

I am a solo traveller. I prefer nature / scenic etc, also like to do it as a economical trip, for example: I can stay in a dormitory etc...

Awaiting your valuable suggestions

Thanks Anna, this hotel link helps.

Oslo --> Mayrdal --> Flam --> Scenic Boat --> Voss --Bergen

I have provide you train link to buy ticket in cheaper fare before its too late :-)

nsb.no/en/bestill/velg-togavgang?passengerType1=1&to=2351000&bookingPassengerExtrasPetfree=0&portable=false&bookingPassengerExtrasStroller=0&passengerCard1=&bookingPassengerExtrasClosetodog=0&hour=3&from=100000&date=04.09.2014&type=single&returnDate=04.09.2014&passengers=1&bookingPassengerExtrasAnimalsallowed=0&returnHour=3&booking-submit-form=View%20train%20times%20and%20fares&redirect_to=https://www.nsb.no/en/bestill/velg-togavgang

you are alone you can stay as backpacker

Good Luck
Jignesh

Hello JigneshJani and welcome on board, :)

Thank you for this information.

Regards

Kenjee

Many thanks for your kind suggestion Jignesh,

I followed your link & booked return tickets (Oslo to Bergen),I welcome all recommendations.So, I stay at Bergen 2 days, can you recommend someway to explore (Mayrdal --> Flam --> Scenic Boat --> Voss),I think of using the below trip (but it cost 160 Euros), I don't know if its worth
http://www.norwayactive.no/basic-tour/

If I like to explore myself in train, will there be any one day round tickets which will allow me to explore better,because, I checked the tickets individually, they were expensive.

Mate ! Scandinavian, Australia holidays are expensive, the extremely budget will be expensive too.

Oslo to Myrdal/Bergen cost 249 Nok the cheapest fare, once sold it will shot to 750nok plus one way
Myrdal to Flam one way is 300Nok run by private train company

noone can go cheaper than this, unless you are 5 friends and decide to drive on Norway roads :-)

if you are on tight budget than i will suggest to forgot any Tour, just check website your liking

cause some one likes Museum where as some one like to sit and watch beauty etc
Google your like and take public transport and you find not with Public transport just leave it

YMCA hotel is cheap and nice to stay near Bergen station

One more personaly suggestion why are you all alone, if you don't have GF yet than its still more than a month to make one your small vacation with be memorable I mean it  :-)

Good Luck,
Jignesh

Hello jaideepc, its been a while since you posted this, but I figured ill reply as well. As a native norwegian I recognize that there are alot of good information here, but I will also recommend you to check for airplane tickets, Norwegian (norwegian.no), every tuesday (in some parts of the year, this campaign is active now as of July 22) put out alot of cheap airplane tickets on the web, you can get them for as low as 249 one way from Oslo to Bergen, but you have to book them early. These tickets are usually available from 08.00 hours, but sometimes after 24.00 hours (every tuesday). Also check skyscanner.com. This way you can save alot of time on your travelling, though, I do recommend taking the train one way, since this is a nice way to see the country in an economically affordable way. If you need a place to stay for free I also recommend you check out couchsurfing.com , I would also post your questions there in addition to expat-blog.com , people are usually very fast at replying, and you easily (and usually) find alot of people who also travel alone and are eager to hang out, share a meal or share the cost of traveling, f.ex. car trips etc. I hope this helps, and if you have additional questions, especially about Bergen, since im a resident there, I will be happy to help.

Regards.