Pet into India from USA

Hi. Any advice on how to avoid hassle/quarantine when I bring my dog into Bangalore. Don't understand the "No Objection Certificate" that you seem to need the govt to stamp prior to arrival in India. Help please!!!
garbo

hi garbo,

good morning.. hope you doing good.. well tp respond to you query you can contact an organisation called PAWS.. probably i'll try sending you their contact number..they will help you on this..

Hi Thanks.

Have you checked out IndiaMike.com? There's a bunch of information there on moving dogs into India...

Good luck.

-- Jeanne

It is my impression that airlines will allow pets in cargo (although I have no idea about the procedures). I do know that Singapore Airlines will not allow pets, but apparently they do have an arrangement with http://www.petmovers.com/ to allow pets on the airlines.

You CANNOT import pets to Bangalore.  They must come through Chennai.  You ned a local agaent to organise this for you and to get the NOC before you can get the importation cert.  I can provide you with details of one such agent if you like.  Just let me know.  I have done it with three cats from the UK last year with no problems