What is free accommodation like?

Hello there,  could you please give me an idea of what a fully furnished 2 bedroom provided by the employer would be like?

The employer would be ADVETI,  I have seen a few apartments on property websites and they seem very nice, (450Bd a month)  but would an employer such as  ADVETI provide equally nice accommodation?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't posted anything else about myself yet , because I don't yet know if I've got the job.

Any country in mind, or just in West Yorkshire?

The job is in Bahrain,  I live in West Yorkshire. So I'm enquiring about accommodation in Bahrain.

probably best to ask on the Bahrain forum then:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=410

Thanks I will do.

Thread moved to the Bahrain forum

Thanks heaps

Hi, we cannot answer that question - you need to get more information off your potential employer. When my husband came here they provided him with a beautiful apartment, but other companies put their staff in not so good accommodation. You need to nail this before signing the contract as some apartments can be awful but most are amazing

Quality of accommodation provided by employers varies from the absolutely WOW to the down right awful.

Check with your employer what they provide. If your employer provides you with an allowance (and you live where you like) then find out what the allowance is. That way you can make a proper decision on where and how you will live. On the other hand if it is company accommodation find out information such as area, facilities in the property, type of furniture and so on.

Let us know once you have answers to these questions and then we could guide you better.

Best wishes with your move and new job.

Thank You,   but we haven't been told which city the job is in. All I know is that it's a new campus and the whole faculty will be accommodated in one new campus which is fully furnished,  no accommodation allowance is provided but there is a generous relocation allowance.

Stay on your toes, read every single piece of paper twice and make your decision only after you have taken in to account every single tiny detail.
I don't want to make you nervous but job contracts in Bahrain are hard to get out of if you hate it. We are here to help and advise you (but not on cost of living!!!!!) Say you aren't prepared to sign anything until you have full details of where you will be working and living. Any company not providing these details is a non starter

Ok - just checked what ADVETI stood for.

Looks like this is a proper employer and hence would most probably give you a reasonably good standard of living. Having said that, just follow Jo's advise and make sure you read and understand everything.

Thank you so much guys, the salary is quite good with free health care and free education for my spouse and child with annual flights back home.

Fingers crossed I get the job , but I have taken your advice on board.