Info needed on Telephone interview -Alshaya in Kuwait

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum

I am still in England trying to find a job in Kuwait so I could bring my family to live here , I have over 17 years experience i Operations Management.

I had a Telephone Job Interview over 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for reply

Not sure , does it usually take a long time to get a reply after a job interview in Kuwait or this is a one off

The company I was interviewed by is Alshaya

Any replies or feed backs will be much appreciated

depending on the position applied for and the no. of shortlisted candidates it could take a while, and usually what i hear with alshaya is that they are extremely meticulous with their selection i.e. they take a lot of time.

nevertheless, it would not be a bad idea to follow up with them regarding the status of your application.

Thanks Legacy

I have already sent two follow up E-mails and the reply I had , no decision have been made yet

I don't want to give up , but 3 weeks waiting seems a lot unless this is the norm with some companies

i heard it took one person 3 months, relax mon ami, remember, tis the holiday season, summer etc. the relevant HR person might just be on leave :)

Good day Vendman

Consider this a sign of things to come. Things take time here.  Very slow or very fast.  As legacy pointed out we are entering the holiday phase with Ramadan starting next week (with shorter work days) so things are not going to progress quickly. Do not be surprise in the middle of August someone gets back to you.

Then when you get here the paper work is just as fast (slow). An exercise in patience. A long time ago I got a job offer in Kuwait in writing and the company never came back to follow up and I was smart enough then not to care.

Thanks TriniMario

That's good to know , so I'll stop worrying and get on with my job search , you never know I may end up with a quick response from another company

just sharing!:)

I applied for my passport april 11,2014

I apply a job in kuwait so I send my CV via email
April 18,2014

I got notification of online interview  April 20,2014

I interviewed online April 23,2014

I got my Passport (regular process takes a month)
May 08,2014

I got notification again in my email saying
(Passport copy required for visa process)
May 27,2014

Another email notification! JOB OFFER to be signed by me:) to follow procedures to release my VISA!
June 16,2014

And Now im counting days,.Ramadan will start next week! a week from now maybe my visa will release! We never know!what God(allah) has planned for us! So let
All things takes Place, be patient, good vibes, be positive, dont loose hope!Pray!.:)

@Agnes2014

Thanks Agnes 2014

Wish you luck

Let's hope things will turn up for the best

Thanks Goodluck too ! :) #Vendman

Hi Everyone

I have now heard from Alshaya after 5 weeks

I will need to go through another telephone interview this time is a competency based interview

Has anybody been through something similar , any tips or advise will be greatly appreciated

Hi Legacy

You were right , spot on , I have now heard from Alshaya after 3 months and I will be travelling to Kuwait for my final interviews

My question now , is there any body out there who has gone through this type of Assessment /Final interviews with Alshaya and be able to provide any info or advice on what to expect.

This will be really appreciated

What position/job is it for? It all depends on that, as to what the interview entails... Is it for retail or restaurant?

it's a managerial position within retail

You'll probably be taken to a store and asked to give an assessment on it, layout, floor design etc. You'll also probably be given an idea of the financials and asked to come up with a way to better them....you'll be given a few staffing scenarios that they'll ask for your input and solutions to..... And then you'll be taken on a small tour of the various shops, you'll meet a few of the bosses....

Thank you , very useful

#Vendman .. how did it go? Very curious to learn more about your interview..

Hi Belgian Retail

The interview went very well and it's exactly how Friapo 1959 explained it

I have been offered the job I am in the process of sorting out all necessary paperwork

Vendman, I'm not sure if you will look into this post but what position did you apply for and before you got your second interview did you call for a follow up or emailed them for a follow up? Which country did you go to? Kuwait or a different country like UAE

Hi Vendman,

Just came across your post. I too have gone through the two telephone interviews with Alshaya in Kuwait and now I am being flown out for interviews. As well as doing your shop visits, how many one to one interviews did you have and did you have to take part in any group interviews?

Many thanks

Hi Sophiemichelle,

I too am in the interview process but I have only gone through one interview. How long of a wait did you get for the second interview and did you follow up for that? or did you just wait it out. Its just been a week and a half for me. Thanks in advance for your answer and congrats on your new endeavour.

Btw what position did you apply for?

Hi nfjikk22

My second telephone interview was actually the day after my first. It was all very quick. I found out at the end of my second telephone interview that I got through and was contacted within hours by my recruiter to arrange the assessment day. I know they are all very busy but I don't think recruiters mind you contacting for feedback. I think maybe drop them an email if it's been over a week? It won't do any harm.

The position is an Area VM Manager role. How about yours?

Nice!!!

Vendman got his 2nd interview after 5 weeks. I guess it really all just depends. I was interviewed for the position Restaurant General Manager in Dubai. Hope things work out for you till the very end. BTW will you be working in Kuwait for in a different country but under ALshaya?

It really must depend on how urgently they need to fill the role. I'm sure you will hear something soon. I Hope things work out for you too! The role I am going for is based in Kuwait with some travel to surrounding countries. I was originally looking for Dubai also and then was contacted by Alshaya Kuwait.

Hi guys. Recruitment for food division and for other divisions is very different. Food tend to take a lot longer to get back to you.

O yea??? Any insights on the recruitment process?

What would you like to know, I'll try answer anything you want...

Do you have any information how long it takes from the interviews at the Head Office to getting an offer?

Hi. I got offered 2 days after my interview. I think it really varies for everyone. When was yours?

We were there before x-mas and none of us three got a follow up...
They only told us that they will come back to us approx. 2 weeks after x-mas , new year, etc.

I was there before christmas also. Flew back Christmas Eve. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

Hey you All from start to end, interview on feb, interview in may, flu to kuwait, interviews and assesments on thosr 2 days, flu back,?onlybgot contractbon Aug, then get ur NOC then you do ur visa and then you get your starting time and flight details! The full experianvlce and time line form my employment wit Alshaya, and not regretting it at all! Worth the waight!

Thank you !! so basically you got interviews in Feb, May and then the two days AC in June? and then in August you got the offer?

Jup, takes a while but if you flu in the ur safe time is short yhen

Hi,

I am flying for the assessment to kuwait early feb. I wanted to know what is it all about and after the assessment, how long does it normally take for them to make an offer or do they make an offer while you are there?

What position are you applying for? It all depends on the sector and position.

Hi everybody,

I will fly for Kuwait city next week end for interviews and assesment center for the Alshaya retail company.
Would you give me please information, advices concerning this assesment center' s 2 days.
it is for a marketing position.

Thank you so much ;-)
Laurence

hi Sophie,

I permit myself to contact you for having information concerning the assesment days in Kuwait for Alshaya.
As you I had all my interviews very quickly, the last one was on Thuesday 14th ans I knew yesterday that I will fly for Kuwait next week.
Would you please give me more information concerning the assesment days, the lif ein Kuwait city,... ?
I am french and the job is a position in MArketing.

Kind regards
LAurence

Hi
Congratulations.  Is this your first time in the Middle East?

Thank you,

But the most difficult has to do !
I don't know Koweit but I know very well UAE.

Kuwait is a much slower version of UAE. it ism ore conservative and to be socially active you have to seek activities out. At the same time, Kuwait is more relaxed and not as hectic.