Help urgent! Need to extend an M visa

Hello,
I'm currently located in France and have applied for a Chinese business visa. I will work in Shanghai and the company that is hiring me applied for a business visa for me. However, for whatever reasons they did not allow me more than one entry, and I definitely need to stay longer than 30 days. (it is an M visa) Is there a way I can extend my visa within Shanghai or go should I go to Hongkong to renew it? Or is it impossible because the embassy didn't allow me more than one entry??

Hey.

Others please correct me if i am wrong.

Will you be living in Shaghai more permanently or just for 1 month?

If it is a more permanent move then I think i know whats happened:

(i am here on student visa & this is what i experienced). The visa is on your passport to get into the country, once you are in China u should apply for a residence permit which allows for you to live in China (you need your business visa to apply for this). Like your visa this permit is stamped into your passport. (u need to get this before the 30 days on your visa are up). u will be allowed to enter & leave the country as many times necessary with a residence permit.

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

Though I lived in China for 6 years before, I will just go to work a summer job in Shanghai this time. My original plan was to work two months and travel a bit before leaving on the third month since normally business visas have 90 day stays, even if at the end of each 30 days I would need to leave China. BUT they refused to give 3 entries for some reason so I only have one month there... Even if I can only extend my visa 1 time so I could stay two months it would be great, but I'm not sure how it works and I need to book my round trip now, so I have to know the dates!

I don't know exactly what you mean about the residence permit... leaving and returning the country isn't what I need to do, I have to stay a longer period of time...

Hi.

Either you should have to go hong Kong and applied to China businesses .but its more expensive also receiving visa passport long duration with expensive .