HELP ME REPLY TO EMAILS (NEW EXPAT-BLOG)

Halo guys,

This forum is great, I found it whilst googling. However there are a few things that I need help with on this blog.

I've just recently joined, not an active yet, because I'm still new to this thing. I recently had some emails in my inbox, but I can't reply due to my lack of activities in the forum.

I'm a frequent visitor to Indonesia, I travel back & forth from Australia. I'm looking to stay in Jakarta permanently for business. So I'm also looking to get connected with the expat community.

Please respond.

Cheers.

Welcome on board fabcesc !

So far, how is life Jakarta? Do you like it ?

Hi thanks for welcoming me.

Yes I really like Jakarta, but I still haven't got used to the traffic yet.

Jakarta is one of the easiest place to live in, if you know your way around, the other thing is it only gets better as you make friends.

I'm hoping that I will be connecting with many people here so that it makes living in Jakarta that much more fun.

Regards
Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Welcome to Jakarta! Yes, traffic sucks here, big time, but you'll get used to it and tend to miss it when you're not in Jakarta :D

My expat friends confessed to have liked tempe a lot, that's one of the food specialty you probably can only find here in Indonesia. So I hope you find it sometime soon!

Anyways, I'm local, yet I believe you won't find any difficulties to get connected with the expat community spread around the city.

Cheers,
Deedee

Thanks Deedee,

Hahahahahahaha I'm sure I won't miss the traffic, you've got to be nuts to miss the traffic here.

I like tempe & gado gado very much. Do you have a favorite eatery that you could recommend me?

Woww I'm a big fan of gado-gado myself! We should have a gado-gado hunt sometime :). Have you tried Gado-Gado Boplo? or Gado-Gado Cemara? They kinda lost their originality but it's alright.

Some of my fave eatery spots are Bakso Kota Cak Man in Plaza Semanggi, Ta Wan, Sate Khas Senayan, Crystal Jade (get ready for the MSG party), Mpek-Mpek @Bing. If you're into spicy food, there many Manadonese food around that are worth a try. If you're looking for a fine ambience, go to Indochine at FX Senayan, or Hard Rock Cafe. 

Where do you usually eat out here?

Yes Why don't we eat Gado2, I've tried Boplo, but not the other one.

Hi I am Desy, you got my email address and mobile number actually.

Just knowing that you a big fan to many dishes.  Ha..ha..

Here in Indonesia they are many different type of foods either traditional or international.  Suggest you also try what we called here kaki lima.  Not convenience but you will have a different atmosphere when enjoying the meals.

If you like spicy food then try Sumatra or Menado cooking.  If you like little bit sweet then my recommendation is Java cooking.  But if you like something fresh then try Sundanese.

I think better we make a time then try something to enjoy.

Helo Desy,

Thank you for the suggestions, I have tried those stalls in the street. In Bali, Yogyakarata, Semarang they are great.

Then I tried them in Surabaya & Jakarta when I was younger. As I always like to try something new. But unfortunately I had food poisoning for 1-2 weeks.

So nowadays I haven't been to many food stalls on the street. But I would like to give it another try sometimes.

Hi Fab

Yap we got to be careful with those Kaki Lima.  Ha..ha..  By the way are you already back to Melbourne or still busy with you BSD business?  As I said if you need Personal Assistant then I would be appreciated.

Anyway give me a call if you have free time.  Thanks

Regards
Desy