Hi

Am new to this forum...

Kindly help me on this. I want to know about the job opportunities for women in riyadh. I'll be moving to riyadh soon.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
jothichalam

Hi jothichalam and welcome on expat-blog! I have moved the thread on the Riyadh forum. You should try the Riyadh classifieds > job section.

Good luck!

There's been quite a lot of talk about this in the past few days already.

Please read this thread: 
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33745

Also, read back through the older topics, some of which will help you (you're coming as a 'trailing spouse'?).

What is your education

Master degree in computer applications.

1) Have you read any other threads in this forum relating to jobs and females in Riyadh or elsewhere in KSA?

2) Have you identified which fields are more common for women to be granted employment?

3) After having done that, have you contacted any employment agency, website devoted to expat hiring or website devoted to hiring Indians overseas?

If you have done all of those, and still don't have an answer, we are the people to talk to.  If you haven't done any of those...we've already answered your questions.

There was a time, in 1992, when we used to live at Al Rajhi Compound in Sulaimaniya where there were around 120 Indian families and every single wife had a Masters Degree although she was only spending time cooking and making babies at home.

Hi all,

As u suggested i have knocked some of the agencies and posted the CV to some of the oppurtunities.But unfortunately i havent get any (positive )reply.I found one thing that it is very difficult to get a job as a women. But i am in need of job. I think in teaching field i can get a job. So kinldy help me to approach for the teaching/IT jobs there in Riyadh,KSA.

no other replies ?????????

It is very difficult for a single woman to seek a job opening here from overseas unless it is advertised and executed by a job agency there acting on the needs of a local corporation here.

No, no other replies, because while it's a new topic to you, it's one that has been discussed a myriad of times by many of us. We even say so earlier in this thread.

If you had done some searching on the forum, you would probably find at least a half dozen conversations on your topic.

jothichalam wrote:

no other replies ?????????

We're not here to find people jobs, only to offer advice--which we have done many times on this topic (as Stretch has already said).

One thing I'll tell you up-front: if you plan to live in Saudi Arabia, you'll need to be self-reliant.  The first step in being self-reliant is finding yourself a job.

Best of luck.

jothichalam wrote:

Am new to this forum...

Kindly help me on this. I want to know about the job opportunities for women in riyadh. I'll be moving to riyadh soon.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,
jothichalam

Hi and welcome jothichalam, have you tried the Womens Skills Bureau? It's free and mainly used by women expats it's: wsb-ksa.com good luck with your search, let us know how you get on. Max