Extension for Hanoi Airport B3 Visa in HCMC

I need a 3 month extension on a B3 visa on arrival issued at the airport in Hanoi.  The original entry was in December.  I've extended it for 3 months once and I need to extend for another 3 months.

Does anyone know an agent in HCMC that can do extensions on visas originally issued at the airport in Hanoi?  Apparently it's a bit more complex because I came in through Hanoi (so I've been told by a couple agents).

Hello mtgmike,

So as to give you the best response for your query, please note that your post has been moved to the Ho Chi Minh City Forum.

Best Regards

Kenjee

Its more complexed due to its just another way of getting money and thats all. Last time I looked Viet Nam was one country and it didnt matter where you entered,just a money grab thats all

Go to one of the HCM Tour Company offices.  There are many of them in the vicinity of Pham Ngu Lao street.
Pham Ngu Lao street. is about 2 blocks from the New World Hotel.  Try more than one if you don't like their price for fixing your situation. The law requires a fresh stamp by immigration every 90 days. They may fix it without your having to go to the Cambodian border and reenter. They may require that you take one of their tour buses on a one day trip to the border.  I don't know about that -- but they are the most experienced in dealing with Visa renewals.

ehjay wrote:

Go to one of the HCM Tour Company offices.  There are many of them in the vicinity of Pham Ngu Lao street.
Pham Ngu Lao street. is about 2 blocks from the New World Hotel.  Try more than one if you don't like their price for fixing your situation. The law requires a fresh stamp by immigration every 90 days. They may fix it without your having to go to the Cambodian border and reenter. They may require that you take one of their tour buses on a one day trip to the border.  I don't know about that -- but they are the most experienced in dealing with Visa renewals.

This is an old post ehjay.

The date of edit is stated as
Last edited by mtgmike (06 June 2014 18:57:49)

Regardless of that, the advice is still valid for anyone, even if the post is old.

I think I could help you in this matter. Feel free to contact for details.
Have a nice day!
Cheers,

This is exactly how it works. You enter the country with a 3 month visa. After that you can extend it 2 more times for 3 months a time without having to leave VN . On the 3rd requirement for a visa , you must leave the country .Cambodia is the closest and cheapest option. Any travel agent in VN can handle the 2 extensions , just shop around but $80 seems about the average price