Relocating to Mauritius end of month.. Few queries

Hi all,

My hubby is getting a transfer to Mauritius.. So by the end of month we( my hubby, myself nd our 9 month old!) will be rching. Although v r really excited to have this opportunity, v have a few doubts.. Hope u all can help us..

1) My hubby`s office will be in Ebene area. So which will be a nice place to stay? Quattro bornes?
2) Are there any good clubs tht we can join
3) How much will a decent car cost thr? ( here v have Volkswagen vento.. So similar)
4) Since I am from Mumbai, India, just wanted to check if there are any specific areas whr thr is a high density of Indians
5) Wat about Maids?? as i have a lil one, was thinking if i can get 12 hr or 24 hr maid?

Will bother u guys again! TIA..

Regards,
Pooja

Hi Pooja,

Quatre Bornes is answer to your question 1 and 4 , it's near to ebene and has highest indian expat population.

For maid , part time are easily available, for full time is also available but you need to look for the right one.

Clubs are  there you need to find one which suits your budget and is more convenient for you.

Best of luck for your move.

HEY THERE,
Q.BORNES IS THE NEAREST TO EBENE AND MANY INDIANS STAY THERE.FOR MAID ITS NOT EASY TO GET FULL TIME.THEY ARE PLENTY OF NITE CLUBS IN MAURITIUS.

ANYTHING ELSE U NEED TO KNW DO POST.

GREETINGS

NEERAJ

Seems other questions answered... Quatre Bornes is the ans...

Reg. Car..- cost of buying a car - depends on the year and make of the car.  Second's are the most commons (unlike Mumbai's roads, the roads are very much better and 10-year old cars are a very common sight). I think ur husband can buy a car only after u have got he has got his work permit...

Cheers
J T

all the best... likewise people mentioned Quatre Bornes is an area with abundant of Indians.... and there are many expats frm Mumbai... soon you'll meet them...

if you need any help...just ask for it.

Welcome to Ile Maurice!!!

Thanks all,

Already feelin a bit confident regd the move..Just one more query, How practical is it to stay near the beach nd whc area??

also by clubs i dint mean night clubs but day clubs to have facilities like games, gym, swimmin pool etc..

TIA,
P

There is GYMKHANNA 7 minutes from Q.bornes.You got all activities provided by this Club.As you mention before your husband gonna work EBENE it wont be practical for him to do up and down everyday as they are bit far from Ebene.

There are prominent Beaches at Flic n Flac,Grandbay etc.

Cheers

ok.. but flc n flac will be farther away from ebene?

Its 20 km from ebene to flic n flac and will take 20 mins.

poojasomani,

Its all matter of your personal choice, there are many people living either in flic en flac or Tamarian who works at Ebene.

things need to be consider here are: living near to beach normally its quite expensive compare to central area I mean grocery. general things like: pharmacies, hospitals (i mean private here - dont knw if there are any Govt.). most of the hospitals and clinics are near to Central area. you have more options in terms of shoppin malls, super markets, restaurants, pubs and most of all Indian expatriates prefer to stay in the Central area.

so it might me wroth you can come here and for initial few month live near the sea and if all good can continue ;)

(Personally when I came here, I was living at flic-en-flac but not at all practical for me but again its matter of personal choices)

all the best
Sumeet