Urgent advice needed EU to KL

Dear all,

I would like to relocate to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in the coming months. My biggest concern of course is finding a job as I would like to line up a few interviews first before buying a ticket.

I have tried looking for jobs through recruiting websites but drawing from past experience this will probably not result in much.

So, my question to all of you is - where do I start? How hard is it. Could you maybe share some links with me? Do you maybe need somebody to work for you? :) I am 28, well educated, college degree, worked both in US and Europe in different countries and held various sales/marketing management positions. I am hard working and willing to start even in an entry position if necessary but would just like to find work!

If you have any suggestions for me or if you can point me in any direction I would very much appreciate it!

Thank you all in advance and a big hello from Europe!

You can try jobstreet.com.my

Another avenue is to try employers directly. From the above website, you can search for employers relating to your industry of interest.

To be a bit more specific, Higher Education is a rising business in Malaysia. Colleges and institutions are recruiting directly from overseas.

One example is the Limkokwing University. They have hired recruiters from Eastern European countries. A pretty face always helps :-)

Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for the advice! I actually did both, sent an email to Link uni and also applied to a few jobs on jobstreet yest but nothing substantial yet. I heard business runs a bit slower in Malaysia so maybe I just need to be a bit more patient.

If anybody has any other suggestions please do let me know!

Thank you all once again!

May I ask, what's your line of work?
What area did you major in?
And what position are you looking for?

cherylyn wrote:

May I ask, what's your line of work?
What area did you major in?
And what position are you looking for?

sales/marketing/finance
finance/international business
I am 28 and mostly had, in recent years, management positions in marketing/finance so I am very experienced in those. I love import/export but in all honestly I'm willing to compromise in the beginning as I just want to work! :)

Hi xnikolinax,

I may have a few friends who is running recruiting agencies here in Kuala Lumpur. I'll try to ask them and see if there is any vacant positions available in your line that they may have. How do they get in touch with you?

Cheers!!