Buying new car in Saudi for shipment to Khartoum

Hi all,
I will be moving to Khartoum from Canada this summer and am interested in purchasing a new Toyota Hiace passenger van in Saudi as the prices seem best, and then shipping it to Khartoum. Can anyone recommend a reliable Toyota dealer in Riyadh (or elsewhere) I could deal with by email who could facilitate this

Thanks.

stegr,

Saudi may be a good place to purchase a used LHD japanese commercial vehicle since cars depreciate at a fast rate here. On the contrary, the car importers in Saudi work on a high profit margin so buying a new hiace and shipping it to Khartoom may be an economically bad idea.

You have got the following choices:

a) You may buy a used japanese LHD van from USA or Canada and ship it to your home country.

b) Germany has the largest supply of LHD cars in the EU so it is worth exploring through the google.

c) Dubai has many re-export companies where they import from different parts of the world, carry out simple polishing and repair work ,, some even convert from RHD to LHD and then re-export to African countries. Unless you know a lot about cars and you physically go to Dubai to make the purchase , I would mark this Dubai as the most risky proposition.

d) Surprisingly you will find many Japanese companies (on the net) selling LHD hiace vans, they come with government supported Auction reports where the vehicles are professionally inspected and certified. You can even participate in an on-line auction and buy a hiace and ship it to Khartoom without going to Japan.

Please remember two important points:

1) You generally get a really good value of money while buying a used hiace rather than a new one.

2) Japan makes different specifications in terms of  engine ,emissions , safety , suspension and internal luxury from one country to another and you may be stuck with an odd vehicle looking for parts in future.

please see // www wikipedia toyota hiace