Special education teacher/ Speech therapist in Ulsan

Hi, Im Dalia. I am looking forward to work in a Foreign School in Ulsan. I wanna know what are the documents needed. I am now residing in Ulsan and hopefully can get a teaching job for the next school years.

Thanks,
D

Hi Dalia,

What visa do you currently possess?

For most teaching positions (except university) you will require an E2 visa. If you already have one of these, you will need to get it transferred from your current employer to your new one via a formal release letter. Your employer may provide you this if they are nice.

Otherwise, you will likely need to leave South Korea to obtain this visa as it is not processed within the country, but rather by the South Korean consulate in other nations. The easiest way is to do the famous "visa run" and hop a plane to Japan and apply there. The process may take a couple of weeks depending on your situation/nationality. In order to apply for an E2 visa you must possess 1. A notarized/apostilled copy of a 4-year university diploma. 2. A notarized/apostilled  countrywide-level criminal background check that shows no records. 3. You must be clear and free from any communicable diseases, or illegal drug use (blood/urine tests will be performed in Korea, and you may have your visa cancelled depending on the results)