2 weeks in Manila

I'm going to visit Manila for 2 weeks this month to do some work and there will be some free time to view the city and maybe to move to fantasy beach at the weekend ( thinking about Boracay ).
I already see the Manila events schedule and don't find something looking exciting, except the concerts, but I can't go to Taylor Soviet concert which is my wish because I'm arriving next days and I'm not interesting with others! actually I don't know them  :D 
So, what do you think guys ? what are your recommendations for me at this time?

:/

Hi Reid!
Manila is an intriguing and rewarding country to explore but it takes some effort ;) .
To see the major sights you will have to sweat it out in traffic and be ready for delays, but the good news is that the main attractions are essentially confined to manila proper, here are the places that you would love to see if ur into philippine history and beauty:
>The old Spanish heart of Manila, Intramuros is the one part of the metropolis where you get a real sense of history.
>San Agustin Church and museum,with a magnificent Baroque interior, trompe l'oeil murals and vaulted ceiling and dome. Dating back to 1587 it's the oldest stone church in the country,and contains the modest tomb of Miguel Lopez de legazpi,the founder of Manila,to the left of the altar. The church was the only structure in Intramuros to survie during the World War 2, indication of just badly Manila suffered under occupation. anyway you can also pass by the San Agustin Museum, a former Augustinian monastery that houses a surprisingly extensive collection of icons and artefacts,rare porcelain. these can be done even just in one day. I understand u also want to be in the Beach be relax and have fun., you can surely visit Boracay the place has something to offer for everyone, a wild nightlife starts with drinks at sunset and continues all night. Hardcore partiers don't even warm up until midnight,with many dancing and drinking until sunrise.
You can also find some activities that
you maybe find nteresting from scuba diving to kitesurfing, and by the way the sunsets ase worth the journey in their own right.
Palawan is also very nice less tourist in some part.and you can see some spectacular form of nature.

hope you enjoy your trip to philippines!

Drea Casimiro wrote:

Hi. Have you heard that foreigners can now own "landed property" here in the Philippines?

Can you quote the government amendment to existing laws which allows foreigners to outright own land in the Philippines...I can not find any such change in previous laws prohibiting foreigners from owning a TITLE TO LAND...

vetretreat wrote:
Drea Casimiro wrote:

Hi. Have you heard that foreigners can now own "landed property" here in the Philippines?

Can you quote the government amendment to existing laws which allows foreigners to outright own land in the Philippines...I can not find any such change in previous laws prohibiting foreigners from owning a TITLE TO LAND...

yes there is if you know how to go around with the laws :D

vetretreat wrote:
Drea Casimiro wrote:

As far as I know the law has not changed. You can buy land 50%/50% together with a Filipina/Filipino e..g. married couple. But it might be risky. If you fall out with your partner you might lose everything.

You can buy condo and certain townhouses by yourself. I have done that myself

I have to agree with the excellent note, quoted below, by Jien. Dude, if you can't find anything exciting to do in Manila for two weeks then you need to expand your interests! San Augustine is one of my favorite, I met my wife there. Get a travel guide and pick what you like to do. I could, and have, spent months exploring Manila and the areas within one day and have only touched on the great things to do. Just be wary, as any traveler should be, of the scams and go explore!

jien wrote:

Hi Reid!
Manila is an intriguing and rewarding country to explore but it takes some effort ;) .
To see the major sights you will have to sweat it out in traffic and be ready for delays, but the good news is that the main attractions are essentially confined to manila proper, here are the places that you would love to see if ur into philippine history and beauty:
>The old Spanish heart of Manila, Intramuros is the one part of the metropolis where you get a real sense of history.
>San Agustin Church and museum,with a magnificent Baroque interior, trompe l'oeil murals and vaulted ceiling and dome. Dating back to 1587 it's the oldest stone church in the country,and contains the modest tomb of Miguel Lopez de legazpi,the founder of Manila,to the left of the altar. The church was the only structure in Intramuros to survie during the World War 2, indication of just badly Manila suffered under occupation. anyway you can also pass by the San Agustin Museum, a former Augustinian monastery that houses a surprisingly extensive collection of icons and artefacts,rare porcelain. these can be done even just in one day. I understand u also want to be in the Beach be relax and have fun., you can surely visit Boracay the place has something to offer for everyone, a wild nightlife starts with drinks at sunset and continues all night. Hardcore partiers don't even warm up until midnight,with many dancing and drinking until sunrise.
You can also find some activities that
you maybe find nteresting from scuba diving to kitesurfing, and by the way the sunsets ase worth the journey in their own right.
Palawan is also very nice less tourist in some part.and you can see some spectacular form of nature.

hope you enjoy your trip to philippines!

Visit the MIND MUSEUM at Global City, definitely worth the time and price of admission

Reid wrote:

I'm going to visit Manila for 2 weeks this month to do some work and there will be some free time to view the city and maybe to move to fantasy beach at the weekend ( thinking about Boracay ).
I already see the Manila events schedule and don't find something looking exciting, except the concerts, but I can't go to Taylor Soviet concert which is my wish because I'm arriving next days and I'm not interesting with others! actually I don't know them  :D 
So, what do you think guys ? what are your recommendations for me at this time?

:/

There are of this to do here in the Philippines, you can try this out.

Bachettos - I've seen a lot of foreigners in any banchettos since almost all of the Filipino foods were available there. Especially the exotic foods (balut, one day old, isaw)

Beach - Travel and beach hopping is one of my hobbies. For nature a nature lover, you can try this out: elnidoresorts.com/elnido -El Nido Resort, 7stonesboracay.com/- Boracay Resort. You can also try www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagudpud (boracay of the north) if you're planning to visit the North.

Historical Places - If you want to know something about our history these could be the perfect place (Intramuros, Vigan city)

Hope you'll enjoy your 2 weeks here in Manila!

If you will go to Boracay I suggest the place of Fridays it was very cool place and got lot of privacy. Their service and their food was very good.
goodluck then.

dude if  you are  free? join us we'll  gonna play airsoft somewhere in manila. just tell me if you are interested!