Drill bit for ceramic tiles

Hi

I'm find it impossible to find a drill bit to drill a hole in bathroom ceramic tiles to hang towel rails e.t.c. Any hardware store I go too offer me masonary or wood or steel drill bits which don't work. I've tried.

I'm in District 2

Any suggestions?

C

Check this thread.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370186

august-eght wrote:

hi

Need information about drill bits thanks.

stumpy wrote:
august-eght wrote:

hi

Need information about drill bits thanks.

Guess I was lucky using VN made tiles, I have no trouble drilling through them, but I don't use the hammer drill application.

my cousin owns a hardware store. Though it's in Bien Hoa. She lives in Thao Dien, district 2 though.

use masonary drill bit, just dont!!!!!  set drill to hammer setting also put masking tape on the tile in correct location, this stops the drill spinning off to other places, if you need to cut odd shapes out of tiles, there is a industrial diamond coated wire which is fitted to your hacksaw, little ripper.

ahh. nice to meet u..i live Q.Binh thanh
if u want .. we are together coffe or chat... because i need friends new and practice English
u can sent message for me or skype( august-eght.dqt.ks)

august-eght wrote:

ahh. nice to meet u..i live Q.Binh thanh
if u want .. we are together coffe or chat... because i need friends new and practice English
u can sent message for me or skype( august-eght.dqt.ks)

No worries, don't forget to bring your drill and masonry bits.

Hello!
At all electricity shop they sell it! You can ask them : "Mũi khoan kính" let think this shop located around market or along the street!
Tried to attach the picture but impossibel!

You can buy masonry drills at DAN SINH MARKET (go in the entrance next to the temple and straight down to the end.

A wide selection of these drills can be located at a small store on the corner of TA UYEN @ PHAM HUU TRI (west and north corner). Their sizes range from a few millimetres up to 2-4 centimetres. Always buy TWO - long way to travel for ONE! (174/1A PHAM HUU TRI).

Even when you buy a NEW drill you must get it sharpened as some of the 'edge' comes off in the hardening process.

ALSO, arm yourself with a SQUEEZE BOTTLE of WATER and keep the bit tip wet. This will enhance the cutting action and prolong the sharp edge.

VERY GENTLE USE of a centre punch in the centre of the hole will make it easier. BUT, REMEMBER I SAID GENTLE!

If it doubt, DON'T! Use epoxy glue instead. Nothing looks worse than a cracked tile.

Can you give the Number/street/district, pls? It will help newcomers like me  :)

Jaitch wrote:

You can buy masonry drills at DAN SINH MARKET / TA UYEN @ PHAM HUU TRI

Dan Sinh Market is about 10 minutes from Bin Thanh Market. The market occupies a whole city block.

The street intersection is YERSIN @ NGUYEN CONG TRU. Use < www.DiaDiem.com > for maps.

(P.S. If you wonder why the streets have such long names - many are named after northern Vietnamese heroes in the American War in VietNam. Unfortunately millions were killed so it is doubtful long street names will disappear any time soon!)

That's informative  :)

[The street intersection is YERSIN @ NGUYEN CONG TRU. Use < www.DiaDiem.com > for maps.

(P.S. If you wonder why the streets have such long names - many are named after northern Vietnamese heroes in the American War in VietNam. Unfortunately millions were killed so it is doubtful long street names will disappear any time soon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguy%E1%BB … r%E1%BB%A9

Just the facts Jack. They planted him a loooong time before  what appears to be your favorite subject happened.