Visa e600

Hi
I'm planning to visit Australia for 6 months and I will buy my plane ticket in a few days.
I also need to apply for evisitor visa e600 and I wonder if I could have some problems to get it if I will have one way ticket?
After my stay in Australia I hop I will visit also Tajland on my way back but I want to keep my options open so I don't want to buy my return ticket right now.

polyken wrote:

Hi
I'm planning to visit Australia for 6 months and I will buy my plane ticket in a few days.
I also need to apply for evisitor visa e600 and I wonder if I could have some problems to get it if I will have one way ticket?
After my stay in Australia I hop I will visit also Tajland on my way back but I want to keep my options open so I don't want to buy my return ticket right now.

You will need a return ticket. I suggest you get an open return ticket valid for 12 months which you can then change your destination when it is time for you to leave. I take it you mean Thailand as I do not know of a country called Tajland..

I think you need to buy round trip ticket> when I was worked to Australia  my palabas sa tv  boarder security at lagi kung Pinapanood yun. The immigration Australia mahigpit sila it comes to tourist.

Thank you for the reply

Can my kids go to school on a tourist 600 evisa?

kpearson wrote:

No

Hi,

Well, yes but you need to contact an agency that arrange this kind of experience. You could also contact a school directly or the DEC for more information.

Cheers,

Virginie

While on visit or tourist visa, neither you nor the kids can engage in any form of a business or undertake any educational programs.

Valid to the college education as well.

You need a separate visa for the kids with the evidence of the funds in hand to pay the college fees.

Thanks do you know a name of an agency that does this?  What is DEC?

kpearson wrote:

There seems to be some confusion over this, with both Yes and No answers.

On a South Australian Government Education website it does state "Students on a Tourist Visa do not require a COE or CAAW letter." when looking at the requirements to enrol.  This makes it look like they can, however, expect to pay full International schooling prices.

I also saw this at the DEC International website:

"The visitor visa program is for visitors to Australia who want their children to study at a New South Wales
government school while they are in Australia. To be eligible for enrolment in a New South Wales government
school, a visitor visa holder must be accompanied by their parents or ......"

and:  (also oin the DEC International website): Visa Type 600" Is Study allowed?: Yes (13 week study limit)

Again though, FULL International schooling prices, and these vary depending on the State you are going to.

ACT (Canberra) International fees are as high as $30,000 per year. It can be as low as $8,000 for other states.