Just for tonight...

It's more than 1 year from i know expat - blog. First of all i just come here because i think its good place to practice English. And i need English just to find the job.But i was wrong...Expat.com bring me more than i expected many many times.
I will tell you my story today. To tell you about a friend who helped me opened my eyes that around the world have many interesting things i should see it before i die. I shouldn't keep my mind in our country forever. I should open it and update with new things in life. And it bring me the strongest hope...what changed my life after...
One year ago, i no job, no money. All what i have is a motorbike, a little money from parents send me every month enough for sharing a room with 4 ppl and a smart phone. I graduated from Economy University and good mark (7.6/10). But i don't know English. All company i went to interview asked me same question: Do you have Toiec certificate??? I say i didn't have it yet...and i fail.
When i decided to learn English i found Expat.com as an accident. I created an account just for fun. And i answer some questions on forum just because i think i know and i can help answer it. I have to use google translate anytime i want to write something on forum that time. And i feel very nervous when i post something: "Maybe its wrong grammar, maybe it wrong words, may be it wrong tense..."
But one day...a man from America inbox me and say thank you for me because i helped him answer his question. We started talking as yahoo, after that skype. That time i don't have laptop so i have to borrow from my roomate. When she go to sleep, my friend from America start his new day and we can chat until she wake up and go to work. Time by time, day by day...i use google translate to chat with him, to tell him many stories here...and he showed me many places he visited...many places beautiful and he grow up in me the idea to come to see it by myself one day. Another side, he helped me to find something to do to have money, give me advice to run business with ppl who have money and wanna invest here. But i became an real estate agent !!!!
Are you surprise?
Yes, I am not expect i became the agent...but i still come to Expat.com everyday and the most questions are: "I am moving house and wanna find new place with price..." "I will visit HCMC for next month, any suggest for a place..." And i came to vietnamese website for housing to search for them. I just wanna help. But after that, the owner gave me money when the guests sign contract. I am realize that i can earn money from this methods. I can help other people and i can help my self...and i can talk with them, my english is improved day by day...
Now I have more than 1 year experience to work with foreigner. I knows almost place for rent in center of HCMC and i can introduce to my customer easier. But i never forget about the hard time i had before.
All i want to say is thank you for my savior, my friend....Dennis...I am happy to have you are my friend in my life..even we never meet, even we are in opposite side of world...in my mind, you are always my close friend...
I am sorry if someone read it and feel not good. But please just leave it there, don't comment or say something bad...Just let me write something i am having in my mind now...just for tonight....

Rise of a realtor  :)
Very long story!

I think you can earn a decent living if you're industrious and speak, read and write both English and Vietnamese.  Add Thai into the mix, make some business contacts, and you're probably even better off.

What , no fairy tale ending???? ( like you married your Prince US Charming? )
   There must be a lot of Uni grads like yourself, unemployed in that field, I've met 3 recently, 1 is trying to get me to help her with her English, but she is so unreliable , I've given up on her, she was even given the opportunity to be an English teachers aide, but didn't show on the first day, ( after many sms asking about the owner, ( her friend??? ),  being in the classes??? ).

Nice girl. Hope you would be happy.

How do I upvote the sponsored ads that are in this thread?
Easier to read than the OP and they've got pictures!

[Moderated: inappropriate post]

i'm proud of you. :)

Happy for you :) ^^

DREAMS CAN COME TRUE :)

GOOD FOR YOU

I am exactly what you were a year ago!

bluenz wrote:

[Moderated: inappropriate post]

As I thought no sense of humour,  How could anyone know if she was good looking or not , there is no photo, DFuh!!!!!