Visa for bringing spouse (dependant visa)

Dear All,

I have shifted to Muscat last week working in Al Khuwair area. One of my college told that we can not bring spouse here for 6 months. Currently searching a room in Al Khuwair.

Please tell me about:
1. Is rent agreement is mandatory to bring spouse.
2. Is 6 months waiting is there for spouse dependant visa.

Regards,
Satish Sharma

sharma_get wrote:

Dear All,

I have shifted to Muscat last week working in Al Khuwair area. One of my college told that we can not bring spouse here for 6 months. Currently searching a room in Al Khuwair.

Please tell me about:
1. Is rent agreement is mandatory to bring spouse. (In cetain cases, YES it is).
2. Is 6 months waiting is there for spouse dependant visa ( YES).

Added info: You can only bring your family if your "BASIC SALARY" a month is OMR 600.
Regards,
Satish Sharma

Please read the responses in RED

Hi Schaz ,

Thanks for your reply.

Salary is not a constraint, but does your answer means that I must have house agreement first before applying spouse visa & then to wait for another 6 months to get visa.

Satish  (Satya)

If you enter in oman after March the 6 Months rule will be applicable for you. But I would like to suggest you to talk to your company PRO.. Some cases I saw they can do it before 6 months.

Needed Documents for Family Joining Visa :

- House agreement (Municipality copy)
- Original copy of your residence card application form page (most of the time company keeps that document, for my case, PRO gave it to me and I have to give him that again while applied for the family visa)
- Attested copy of GAMCA Medical Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Kids Birth Certificate(if you have kids)
- Spouse and Kids passport copy and photographs
- Your visa and residence card copy

sharma_get wrote:

Hi Schaz ,

Thanks for your reply.

Salary is not a constraint, but does your answer means that I must have house agreement first before applying spouse visa & then to wait for another 6 months to get visa.

Satish  (Satya)

Dear Satya,
The 6 months rule is applicable from the day you enter Oman.
You don't need to get the house agreement to wait for 6 monhs. I understand "Reza.cs30" has replied to you further in detail.