Looking for English speakers

Hi there!
My name is Lucie and I just came back from the US last Thursday. I lived there for 2 years. I am having a hard time because life is so different there... It's not the same culture, the same way of life!
I'd like to meet some people from there or from another country as well (I am very open minded and I have friends all over the world now: ukraine, brasil, island, etc.! but of course they are all there!).
I miss speaking English, I miss everything!
Also, I'll be pleased to teach some French!
contact me!
Take care
L.

Hi there,

I am new to this site. But I sometimes feel the same, and get a bit lonely here. I miss the chat. Do contact me if you like.
Have a lovely day!
anna

Hi I can understand this withdrawl from a language experience .Well I am not in Lyon but close to it ,at Grenoble .You would sure find some English speaking people in Lyon .Don't feel so depressed

Wishing you all the best ,positve bright days ahead ,
Subodh

luciz wrote:

Hi there!
My name is Lucie and I just came back from the US last Thursday. I lived there for 2 years. I am having a hard time because life is so different there... It's not the same culture, the same way of life!
I'd like to meet some people from there or from another country as well (I am very open minded and I have friends all over the world now: ukraine, brasil, island, etc.! but of course they are all there!).
I miss speaking English, I miss everything!
Also, I'll be pleased to teach some French!
contact me!
Take care
L.

hey there,
I am Australian and living in Lyon, please feel free to contact me if your bored etc. I am learning french now and of course speak english and like to go out and have fun :)
tina

Good to hear that Lyon english speakers are increasing in number .have a nice day ahead
Subodh

Hi all

I'm an english student living in Lyon for august. I'm always up for meeting new people, feel free to get in touch. I'm here to learn french but it would be nice to speak english fluently with some now and again!

Luke

I will be moving to Nice in September. I too need to work on my french, but would love to be able to chat in english as well.

Hi
   I am Ramanivas from India livinig in Lille, i do not know french and i am here from yesterday; i am in dire need of friends who speak english to help me in routine things. i am eagerly waiting for your assistance. my email is [email protected]

hi there,
Don't stress too much, people are generally very friendly in france if you just try to speak a little by using a phrase book, and usually help you if they can, although you still get the odd rude people like in any country :) But just ask you if you have any specific quesions and I'll try to answer them, I myself have only been here in Lyon for 6 months but I do remember feeling just like you when I first arrived, and honestly it takes about 8 weeks to start feeling normal and confident again when in social situations or even at the shops ;)
Tina

Tina- Do you have any recommendations for me? Im a 26yr mom of 2. My kids are 3yrs and 8mths old. We will be moving there in Jan'11 And Im very nervous. My husband is going to be traveling all the time and Im worried about the isolation and of course the language barrier. Im tryign very hard to learn french but Im also trying to get carte de sejours an dpassport things and visa things and packing. UGH!!! Any information would be great. Just check out my profile for more information. :)
Thanks!!

Hello Lucie,
I am in the reverse position as you...You returned from the US in June, and I may soon be going to France (Guadaloupe in the French West Indies) to live and teach English! Like you, I am concerned about learning a new culture and hope to have lots of support.

If you are interested in speaking English with a native speaker, just let me know! We could chat on Skype. I would love to hear about your experiences in "Les Etats Unis".

Maureen  :)

I agree Tina. After 2 months you feel more comfortable but french is still difficult  :D
I received my residence permit and it took 2 months. There are a lot of procedures and it is difficult to follow them without local support.

Hi everyone,
I'm currently living in Belgium but I'm moving back to Lyon by the end of November for my new job.

I know it can be difficult to adapt to France because the language is really important, but trust me, Lyon has really improved during these past few years! (I'm French and Canadian and native from Lyon).
The city still has a lot to improve, but really, it's way better than what it used to be even just 5 years ago...

I will be looking forward to meeting international people! Feel free to contact me if you have any question. I found other local networks on the internet, but I don't know if I'm allowed to name them here...
I have lived 5 years in Austria, 1 year in Vancouver and these past 2 years in Belgium.

Cheers,
Sara

> Apesky: I tried to send you a message, but I got the reply that your Inbox is full...

Hi,

I have been here in Lyon for almost 3 years and I still cant speak french! Talk about embarrassing!! I teach English all day so finding time to learn french is difficult. I'm from South Africa by the way. If anyone wants to have a coffee some time let me know.

don't worry I know how you feel, I'm Australian and I have been here 7 months (which is not long) but I feel I haven't improved much either! I talk english with my partner even though he is french and I teach and work in english all day to! anyway let me know if you feel like a coffee [email protected]
tina

Dear Luciz:
I am a new member, an American expatriate from New York. I understand that you are looking for English speakers to practice with and I am such a person who needs practice in speaking French. If you want to exchange some conversation time please get in touch. Thanks.
Booneavenueboy.

hey guys and gals.
My name is jason and like most of you i love france but miss the english chat.....i know of only 1 person here that speaks english so get in touch if you need some easy chit chat. I would also like to practise my french with an english speaker to see how it compares as im never sure im saying the right thing when im babbling on. I can also help anyone trying to fight the system here as everything is a pain in the ass when it comes to admin.....so far we have managed to register our english car, sort out national insurance stuff doctors, schools etc and lots of other things, please get in touch if you think you need advice on anything. stay cool everyone.

Hi Jason!

Welcome on Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi all, I'm a south african and lives in chatellerault!!I've been living here for 9 years. I speak english, french and afrikaans. I like to meet new people so feel free to contact me if you want. Keep well and take care!!!

Have a great evening all!

Cheers :)

hello!IŽm spanish,I just arrive to lyon in my own after six years in ireland and IŽll love to meet people to go out for a drink.so yes! when do we meet??

Hi javinegrin!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi everyone,

I'm scottish and teaching here in Lyon so I'm also up for meeting more people in Lyon (both french and english speaking, although my french isn't brilliant!)

Lets sort out something sometime if people want to meet up?

Helen

Hi Helen,
i am living in lyon for past 8 months before coming to lyon i was living in glagow, i really miss scotland, it is a great palce to live in.

Vishnu

Hello Vishnu & welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.:)