Qur'an classes in English/Urdu

I am willing to study and memorise the Qur'an. I would also like to learn Arabic. Can someone please help me find a class here in Jeddah? It would be great if I find classes in Azizia District. But anywhere in Jeddah is also an option.

Sister Ambreenanwar,

learning Quran is a life long proposition, making an intention (niyah or niyat in urdu) is the first step , and the good thing is that there is no end to the persuit.

There are four distinct chapters to the Quran, and I suggest you sort out your line of action accordingly:

1) The first art is Tajweed ie being able to read Quran properly, you will be surprised to find out that muslims as old as 50 years of age have been reading the Quran wrongly, and have no idea how to connect two letters or words correctly.

2) Memorization or HIFZ, I personaly do not give this a lot of importance, I honestly do not feel that there is a lot of point in spending years in memorizing a book without understanding it.

3) Arabic Grammar with rules and regulations: This I believe is the correct way of understanding the correct message of Quran. I suggest you look at the videos by QURAN ACADEMY on the youtube, Madinah Arabic Lessons Book 1 to three is also available on the google and the youtube. I addition you may see the videos of Dr. Mrs. Farhat Hashmi ( under the name of Al- Huda). Once you have got your syllabus sorted our , you will be able to find lots of courses in Jeddah on the above matter. For me it was like a jig saw puzzle, very confusing in the beginning but things started to clarify and fall into places gradually.

4) Conversational (bool chal) is equally important and it keeps the interest in the otherwise dry subject.

Please do some research on the above approach and share your views with me.

Why dont you try online classes.

Al Bayyinah Institute is run by Ustad Nouman Ali Khan from the US. He has a very good program called Arabic with Husna. You will enjoy  the short 15-10 mins classes a lot which you can watch at your convenience and time. One or two a day and you will go very far in a few months.

Check out bayyinah.tv/

Yes,

I am a fan of Nouman Ali Khan, his style and knowledge of Arabic. Any body can see his videos on the youtube or YTPAK.COM in Pakistan.