Why is it difficult for foriegner to assimilate into VN culture

It is becoming more and more apparent that when people move from thier home country, they just want to change the locals to be just like what they left behind (for what reason?) are we all so self absorbed that  we can't enjoy the break wev'e been given. Historically speaking, this seems to be an inherent flaw in the human character, we winge when foriegners come to our home country and bring thier bad ssss with them, why do we do the same to the Vietnamese? LOVE it or leave!! most people on the forum seem to love Viet Nam, there are a few , however who have flees. It reminds me of those people wearing t shirts saying I love somewhere, so go there if you don't  love  what youv'e got

Well, wait and till you live here for a few years, then get back to us if your opinion has changed.

So all the Viet people that come to the west should forget their culture and do everything the way westerns do? If not then go back to their own country? Should the Viet people stop adopting economic and educational lessons they've learn from other countries? Should people stop learning English in Viet Nam because it's another cultures language?

Culture is not something you do, it's who you are. You may think you've changed your culture but I guarantee the Viet people around you see you as doing things as a western does. If you really want to see how this works try bringing a Viet person back to your home country and making them do everything they way they do it there. You'll have a much different attitude then.

Flees?

Ha ha

Happy8888,

yes - flees = (fleas) Mental ones, gives them an 'itch' they can't scratch so they whinge and complain, then, they finally p*ss off or flee. ( No great lost to Viet Nam anyway  :P

So it should have been be 'flee'  - - - same - same !  There are many of them, so Mark Stutley used an ever so slightly incorrect plural word.

If you think that's a bad spelling mistake - you should see the hash I make trying to write something (anything) understandable in Vietnamese !   :dumbom::lol:

You are a funny man
The idiocracy I have to endure here is classic

It puts Monty Python to shame

You are a funny man
The idiocracy I have to endure here is classic

There's nothing wrong with Monty Python !   :lol: 

The world would most probably be a much happier place to live if everyone had a bit of the Monty Python way of looking at life.   :top:

And before you ask, - YES, I've got the full DVD set of all their TV skits and their movies. Does that help explain anything ?  :huh:   ( Still trying to explain a lot of their weirdness to my wife.  :joking:  )

Always look on the bright side of life!

Flip465 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Monty Python !   :lol::top:

True, but I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

The Spanish Inquisition was very questionable!

mark stutley wrote:

It is becoming more and more apparent that when people move from thier home country, they just want to change the locals to be just like what they left behind (for what reason?) are we all so self absorbed that  we can't enjoy the break wev'e been given. Historically speaking, this seems to be an inherent flaw in the human character, we winge when foriegners come to our home country and bring thier bad ssss with them, why do we do the same to the Vietnamese? LOVE it or leave!! most people on the forum seem to love Viet Nam, there are a few , however who have flees. It reminds me of those people wearing t shirts saying I love somewhere, so go there if you don't  love  what youv'e got

This is pure garbage, have you ever met a VN who isn't happy with their motorbike , or most of all THEIR most prized WESTERN possession, THEIR mobile phones, we are not expecting them to change, they don't need any help at all, the biggest problem is trying to get them to change things like pollution awareness, and traffic rule existence, respect for others, manners, etc, etc. ( some  big ' flees ' there to WHINGE about ).
Many non assimilating FOREIGNERS that come to our countries, bring with them their archaic, women suppressing religion, that is the problem there.
  Ever thought that those people wearing those T shirts, have already been there?

Prized Western procession? That is hilarious

Happy8888 wrote:

Prized Western procession? That is hilarious

yes that's when the new I Phone 7 comes out.  Unfortunately Spellcheck doesn't correct Alzheimer's.

I think by the time that comes around I will have died of old age

Happy8888 wrote:

I think by the time that comes around I will have died of old age

6 is due out soon.

Figure by Christmas shopping season, along with new iPads, Apple TV, and the iWatch.

Yes and it will be cheaper to buy it in Australia which considering the wages here is ridiculous

I just bought a new iPad from Australia last week and it cost $99 wit h a keyboard

DanFromSF wrote:

Figure by Christmas shopping season, along with new iPads, Apple TV, and the iWatch.

It's all about I Want ?
'  Yes and it will be cheaper to buy it in Australia which considering the wages here is ridiculous ',    especially considering how close China is to VN.  I'm content with my 2mil VND, Q Smart phone, ( as long as I don't want good pic's , or fast internet, but I only really use it for GPS, or wifi tethering, and Google translate, to confuse the locals. ).

The locals are confused enough as it is

Happy8888 wrote:

The locals are confused enough as it is

I'm not going there, it will open up a whole new can of ' flees '.

Ha ha ha or if you are local hi hi hi

bluenz wrote:

It's all about I Want ?
'  Yes and it will be cheaper to buy it in Australia which considering the wages here is ridiculous ',    especially considering how close China is to VN.

Thank VN import duties on that one.  Hanoi seems to understand the need for capitalism, but the concept of free markets eludes them.

A free market is just chucking an oil rig where you feel like it

Happy8888 wrote:

I think that's called expansionism.

Well they should get another one and chuck it near the Spratley islands

Happy8888 wrote:

Maybe because it's called the Sth China sea, China considers it all hers. And the way China is building up it's military , I think she will claiming more than the sea, given 1/2 a chance.

When I watch Vietnamese news, they call it the East Sea.  Sounds good to me.

East sea , south China sea ! Its just water with 756trillion squid in it

DanFromSF wrote:

When I watch Vietnamese news, they call it the East Sea.  Sounds good to me.

It seems to have many names.
  Why can't they all sign an agreement, going shares in whatever they find, that's all that China is interested in. $$$$$$$

Well the Chinese own about half of the USA so a few more bucks probably won't make that much of a difference

yes, FLEE'S

Maybe I should flee from the countryside. I am sure that the roosters would be happy bout that. I am their worst enemy that

Mark, maybe you should be asking the Muslims in countries such as France,America,england and Australia why they want to change things so much in their adopted countries. What happens here as debate is nothing like what Muslims are trying to achieve

I guess one small difference is that in Oz we don't accept that cr.p . Maybe we have learnt from others mistakes. Racial integration in somewhere like Brussels has just not worked. Fancy having your policemen too scared to go in to certain areas

colinoscapee wrote:

Mark, maybe you should be asking the Muslims in countries such as France,America,England and Australia why they want to change things so much in their adopted countries. What happens here as debate is nothing like what Muslims are trying to achieve

That one of the great things about VN, very few Muslims here, mind you, it really makes you wonder where you are, every time you go out.

Yes this is a seriously funny place