Can We PLEASE Add Destinations???

Is there any way we can contact the admins or webmaster or something and see if they can add a few more destinations or let users add destinations? I have tried contacting people multiple times, but nobody seems to care about improving the site.

China is one of the biggest and most diverse countries in the world, and pretty much NONE of the places I have lived in/visited are listed as one of the destinations. It would add a lot to the website, and would certainly present China more effectively to people who were viewing it from the outside! It could also help those who might be moving to different parts of China see more of where they're going.

Can't we do something about this?
Can't we talk to someone who will actually help or listen?
Please?

Can you be more specific?

The Admin team seem to read every post so I suggest you list here the names of the places you think should be added.

Yes, I can....If nothing else, I feel like there should be a page for each province, and if possible, their major cities or capital cities. These are the provinces that are missing.

It would be REALLY cool if people could create pages for their individual cities, if the admins didn't want to bother creating them themselves. It would greatly help engage users, provide more information, and this website could become a major gathering place for Chinese expats if the list were expanded or if more control were given to the users.

There are expats living and working in large numbers in every province, and I feel like they should have the chance to be able to tell their stories and share photos or communicate and help others in their specific areas, and not just be limited to these 19 places.

Gansu Province
Hebei Province
Heilongjiang Province
Jilin Province
Xinjiang Autonomous Region
Sichuan (Chengdu is listed, but there are a lot of expats in Sichuan besides in just Chengdu)
Zhejiang Province
Guilin Province
Shandong Province
Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Anhui Province
Fujian Province
Jiangxi Province
Hainan Province (China's Hawaii -- an EXTREMELY popular place to travel and live)
Guizhou Province
Yunnan Province
Ningxia Autonomous Region
Qinghai Province

Looking at this site it seems to divide into three sections ..

Factsheets prepared by the Admin Team, Classifieds and Forums.

I wonder if they will agree to launch a forum section without the Factsheet and Classifieds?

I personally rarely (never) use the factsheets or the Classifieds.

You can contact the administrators directly or post in this forum: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=11 Julien, the founder of this website, is very friendly and open to communication.

China is indeed a large country but there may not be cause to add individual sections on a website with little to no activity from those areas of the country.  The first page of the Beijing forum has posts from three months ago.  There is only one page of the Hubei forum, with posts from five years ago.  Areas like Anhui would likely not be very active.

I've read this thread, thanks.

We have to reprogram something in the core system before launching more destinations (I won't get into details, it's a bit late on my side of the world). We've started working on it today, we should be ready for adding new destinations in a few weeks. Because yes, we would be very happy to add more destinations ;)

Wow, I can't believe that the founder is here - MAJOR props. If this is really going to happen - then you can expect to see a lot more of me on the website! Thanks a lot for listening and taking this into consideration, really!   :D:lol:

This is going to happen but we are to change many things first: adding let's say 100 new destinations on the website represents 100 destinations X 1000 structure pages = quite a lot of empty pages. We won't forget your request (we received many more) but it's important  to modify the structure of the website first ...

Hi Julien,

You and your Team have been such a great help around the forum. I Thank you for that.
I am moving back to China next month and will be residing in Ying Kou,Liao Ning. I would be happy if you could add Ying Kou to the Destination list.
I would gladly help to create a new community there for Expat.com,will be a great help for me to find new friends!

Thanks,

Annie

Oh, and hello LetChinaSleep! Great Post!