Travel to Bahrain by road

I would like to travel through Saudi and Bahrain cause way by car with a colleague of opposite sex. My question is am I allow to travel with male staff?

as far as Bahrain authorities are concerned no problem but while u driving in kingdom u may face problems.so it is batter u go by bus and near border u can drove by car

Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day.

wish u a good luck just never try any thing against law.some time a one tiny teeny mistake can make your life very complicated this is a advice form a friend u r always well come  to share and nail me

You will be fine. Everyone travels with co workers regardless of their sex. How many women in Saudi use a male driver to get around??

As someone who was in Saudi for a few years and faced exactly this situation; the answer is yes and no :)

Strictly speaking, you should not be in a car or private space with any male whom you are not related to.  Generally, this happens in the workplace when colleagues step out to eat or move around.  Usually it is not a problem however it is a matter of luck.  I have experienced 3 issues in my company over a period of 2 years (2 incidents in the space of 3 months) and recently, with the crackdown against illegal immigrants, the religious police is active again and in places where you never used to see them e.g. Jeddah and Dammam.

The likelihood of trouble is quite high if you get into an accident and police arrives OR if you get noticed by the religious police on a routine patrol (if you stand out in any way).  Better not to risk it unless you are with colleagues who can speak arabic :)

So how do all the housewives get around who have male drivers? All the ladies in Saudi that I know have male drivers simply because females are not allowed to drive.

I think it's ok if you are being driven by a professional driver but may be a problem if you are in a car with a man who has not been paid to drive you and to whom you are not related!

A male driver who is sponsored and paid for by you is not an issue.

Thanks a lots for your view. I'm going to Bahrain just to visit a friend there. I just get worry instead of seeing my friend I will landed in jail. Pretty scary hey.....

Thanks for your opinion. Very scary when you don't have any connection with a colleague who just giving a lift to go to Bahrain since he is going there too. I come from Malaysia who's population is 60% are Muslim but we are not very complex. We can travel alone in a limo, bus, metro or train. Anyway thanks again for your view. Have a nice day.

well my friend they are with their  drivers under their sponsorship but with a private male they cannot go any where.as speaking of a co-worker u can travail but with a permission latter form your employee only.but when u r in Saudi Arabia a woman cannot go any where in side the kingdom with any man who are not your blood-relation, your husband, driver(under your sponsorship), or you can travail in taxi. they have very  law for that.so as an expat never play against law of any country u r living in

I would like to thanks you all for your view and opinion here. I think I better go by air only. Just to play safe. Good day/evening to all

that is the wise decision

Thanks for your opinion. I better use flight then. Instead of having a nice weekend then go to jail. Have a nice day.