International transfers

Hi folks
Just a quick question:
Does anyone living in Sihanoukville still bank within Australia?
Such a pain trying to find how to transfer money to Cambodia, but if someone has a bank in australia, I could deposit it in their bank and then they could give it to my partner over there...how does that sound? anyone got any other ideas.
Thanx
Rich

Just to confirm I understood you're question...You are currently in Australia and want to transfer money to someone in Cambodia, correct?

Does the person you intend on transferring money to have a Cambodian bank account? If so you can easily transfer the funds as long as you have all of their account details (acct holders name, bank name and address, account number and SWIFT code). If not, suggest that they open a bank account as this is generally the safest, cheapest and easiest option.

Would you really trust depositing money into a strangers account, hoping that they will ensure it is delivered to the intended recipient? I certainly wouldn't, too many things could go wrong...he said,she said.

Another option is Western Union, simple enough to use but higher fees. Also, in the larger cities there are Khmer communities that have a money transfer system set-up between Aus and Cambodia which is apparently quite efficient, probably not in Alice Springs though.

Hi Richard,
I still have a NAB account.
email me and we'll talk.

Big John