Summer in Guangzhou

Hello everyone,
I am planning to move to Guangzhou, but I have one huge concern - the summer. I have heard it is very hot out there and this is a big problem for me. I am currently living in London and the weather is awesome for me as it is not very hot. If you dont mind would you please share with me how do you deal with a hot summer? Please do not hesitate to write, as any oppinion will be taken to consideration.

Thank you!

Yes GZ is quite hot, already in the low 30's C...... and currently raining every day  :( . Over time you do get used to it, or so I am told, I still sweat like a pig outside. (do pigs sweat?)  :/  In winter it can get quite cold and many apartments, restaurants etc. have no heating. You will see long pants underwear in the stores, buy some and be prepared to live in a coat!

It's hot AND wet AND stuffy! Sometimes it's even hard to breathe...
the only way i could find is to stay inside the room and keep ur air conditioner on^^
Always remember to bring an umbrella with u to keep out the sunshine, and a face spray or a portable fan and plenty of drinking water! Good luck!

Oh, and don't forget the mossie spray  :|

Hello I am Eric living in Guangzhou for many years, yes summer in Guangzhou is actually very hot or even unbearable at times (at least for me) and it is not only about the heat 37-39 ° but the humidity is extremely high as a result that's make the real feel at 41° or more, many people get sick during this period and that is why there are a lot of people going for holidays or some others place between end of june and end of jAugust(if they can afford that of course) If you can if strongly recommand you not to come before begenning in september or even middle of september.