Where to live in Edinburgh

Hello!
We are moving to Edinburgh and have been offered an apartment to rent in Murrayfield. What is this neighbourhood like? Is it pleasant? Is it safe? Our daughter will be studying at the vet school in Roslin. We realize that Murrayfield is far from Roslin, but is it too far?

Hello, I moved to Edinburgh a year ago & live in Murrayfield & love it... I'm two minutes from a butcher , shop & pharmacy and It's really close to the city centre 10 mins on a bus), and the airport is about 15mins away by car. It's very safe & has great transport links. I can't see myself living anywhere else . Hope that helps

Take care

Ha sorry didn't answer your question :) personally I don't think it's too far ( about 13 miles ) so plus minus 25 mins in the car.

Take care

Murrayfield is an OK area and although it's a fair distance from Roslin, you'll generally be going the opposite direction of the rush hour traffic.  It's close to the City Centre and relatively convenient to other areas with easy bus service to about anywhere you'd need to go.  You might also want to look a bit further south in the Morningside area.

It does, to some extent, depend on how she will be travelling but I would not recommend Murrayfield for easy access to Roslin. You would be much more conveniently located in Morningside, Newington, Marchmont or Bruntsfield. It then depends on the type of accommodation and budget. A decent two bed apartment in a good location should be possible for around £750 per month. Alternatively, buy an apartment and sell it when your daughter leaves; its an excellent investment here!

Is not to.bad the best place to living is Morningside

Here are a couple of examples of flats in areas popular with students:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/2 … 1080536460

Good transport links. One can walk to the main university in ten minutes and catch a bus to Roslin in three. Travel time is twenty. Students all around, lots of facilities

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/3 … 1078184294

Quieter area but good transport links to Roslin and easy access to Edinburgh centre. Three bedroom so easy to recoup your investment. Worth about £425 per bedroom per month.

It's quite busy special on days when there is rugby  going on

The only areas of Edinburgh which are any busier than normal when there is "rugby going on" are those around the rugby grounds. The main ground is at Murrayfield but that is only really busy for international matches, a few Saturdays in a year. All of the other grounds are those of school or former school teams and the increase in people or traffic is hardly noticeable.

Good access to.shops and public transport it's quite good you can enjoying I'm sure.