Cost of living in Albania

Hi everybody,

It would be very interesting to start a topic about the cost of life in Albania.

The idea is to give an idea of the cost of living in Albania for those who would like to settle down in the country.

(Don't forget to mention where you are living)

Let's compare the:

> accommodation prices (how much does it cost to rent or to buy an accommodation in Albania?)

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Did I forget something or is this list complete enough?

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Hi how do i register my car in albania,is it easy or hard ? living in corfu at the mo.thanks jb.

In Tirana a furnished apartment 100 m2 about 600 euros
Restaurant from 10 to 50 euros
Help at home everyday from 300 to 500 euros

Help at home meaning a maid or a nanny?

It's not that bad:
About $200 (American) a month for a furnished place. (Not the Taj Mahal but sufficient) In Tirana. You can find cheaper further away from the center like in Kombinat or Laprake. You can also find more expensive. 300 Euros a month will get you a really nice place with all the trimmings.

.50 cents for a kafe or machiado.
$1.50 for cigarettes. $1.20 for slims.
.30 cents for the bus.
$1.00 for a sandwich halall
.80 for a byrek me mish.
$2.00-$2.50 for a cheese pizza
Fruit is fairly cheap in the street markets.

I think the clothes are a bit higher than American prices. It will have you longing for Wal-Mart. Even if you buy the clothes in a gypsy market they are a bit high if you ask me.

To the guy who was paying 600 Euros for a furnished place, where were you staying?? You either had the Mack Daddy suite or someone was totally taking advantage of you.

Thanks very much for the info! I haven't been there for 11 years!This is my CV, if you or anyone els is interested. Mir brahma! Margot.

(moderated: you are off topic, please send your cv in classifieds , job section)