Filtered water tanks

Hey Everyone,
Just curious to know what everyone drinks for filtered water...we're currently drinking Sapuwa, but heard from a friend that he has gotten stomach issues from drinking it. So far we haven't had any problems, but are just wondering if there are any other sources anyone can recommend...

Thanks!

If you want good water you will need to pay extra for La Vie which is owned by Nestle.

Thanks! That's the brand other people have been recommending, too, so we will go with that.

Cheers  :cheers:

Or you can try Vihawa, a local brand-name with good quality too. Hope it helps :)

Thank you, too!  :)

I put a water purification system in. It is an. 8 stage and works great. No more water problems. We treat our beiges with the product they cell at the store and it is great as well.

it is better to buy water filter system. About $100. After filtering, water can  be boiled again. I have used this method for some years while my stomach is very sensitive.

My system cost considerably more than $100. In addition there is no need to boil the water after it is filtered in my system. Why spend money on a filtration system if you must go back to square one and boil the water?

bta87 wrote:

My system cost considerably more than $100. In addition there is no need to boil the water after it is filtered in my system. Why spend money on a filtration system if you must go back to square one and boil the water?

I thought the same like you before finding the water has a luminous and Cl. Boiling water can't remove those absolutely. The percentage are different from areas.
So filter will remove those matters while boiling will kill bacteria. There are nothing wrong when we are careful with what will go into our body.

Each to there own. I think you are speaking of one of those ceramic filters. In that case I think I would agree with you. But mine takes our all the bacteria, all the minerals, even the odors. I've never drank better water.

korea made ceremic water filter's best.
but also you try DIY water filter:DIY water filter

bta87 wrote:

Each to there own. I think you are speaking of one of those ceramic filters. In that case I think I would agree with you. But mine takes our all the bacteria, all the minerals, even the odors. I've never drank better water.

Nice. I meant this http://media.maylocnuocmt.com.vn/2012/06/image-41.jpg. Can you show me the pic of your filter system. I wish I had a machine to check the water after boiled.

In some families I have visited, I have the same system I show above. They use ceramic water after that before boil the water and use.

Dejavu.dot wrote:
bta87 wrote:

Nice. I meant this http://media.maylocnuocmt.com.vn/2012/06/image-41.jpg. Can you show me the pic of your filter system. I wish I had a machine to check the water after boiled for my home.

In some families I have visited, I have the same system I show above. They use ceramic water filter after that before boil the water and use.

Dejavu.dot wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:
bta87 wrote:

Nice. I meant this http://media.maylocnuocmt.com.vn/2012/06/image-41.jpg. Can you show me the pic of your filter system. I wish I had a machine to check the water after boiled for my home.

In some families I have visited, I have the same system I show above. They use ceramic water filter after that before boil the water and use.

My wife also boils her water , after it has been through her 3 mil VND electric water filter machine, ( has about 3 or 4 filters inside ), I think it is just a VN thing to boil the water again?, I buy 20lt  bottles of Thach Bich filtered water, tastes ok, never made me sick , yet, but then again , the septic tanks around my house are not as close together as her neighbourhood ones are. ( and haven't been there as long either ).

@bluenz
You have a  good wife. Besides some big brands like Vihawa, La Vie, hygienic condition is not guaranteed.
http://a9.vietbao.vn/images/vi975/kinh- … 687-n1.jpg

Unluckily there is no Vihawa or La vie around. Just new small branches. The government hasn't controlled those small water production yet. Sometimes the newspaper announces a bad manufacturer.

I have a bad stomach which produces much axit. If there is sth wrong, I will vomit whole day until everything is thrown out.

just to revive an oldie, has anybody seen " Puritabs " or similar water purification tablets any where in VN ?

colinoscapee wrote:

If you want good water you will need to pay extra for La Vie which is owned by Nestle.

AH, LA VIE ... the brand they discovered cockroaches in - a free protein additive included at no cost. (Only in the Vietnamese papers - only good news published in English language papers.)

AS FOR WATER ... Why do people actually buy bottled water in TP HCM?

Of all VietNam there is no finer processed water than what comes out of the pipes right here in SaiGon. Sure Ha Noi water has an excess of natural arsenic but there's nothing in ours.

But American companies are making a fortune from disbelievers and the shareholders of Coca Cola, Pepsi and Nestle thank you!

Dejavu.dot wrote:

I have a bad stomach which produces much axit. If there is sth wrong, I will vomit whole day until everything is thrown out.

Bad stuff that axit - a real party pooper, so to speak.

Bad water usually carries Cholera, especially in Ha Noi.

Jaitch wrote:

Of all VietNam there is no finer processed water than what comes out of the pipes right here in SaiGon.

The tap water in HCMC, even though better than Hanoi, is alarmingly unhealthy affecting millions of city dwellers, according to city officials. It is distressing since those guys are not known to admit to anything bad. See quote from an article just 6 days ago.

http://dantri.com.vn/suc-khoe/bao-dong- … 933893.htm

funboi wrote:

The tap water in HCMC, even though better than Hanoi, is alarmingly unhealthy affecting millions of city dwellers, according to city officials.

PLEASE note the words: VietNam, water than what comes out of the pipes, SaiGon.
I limited my reference to SaiGon and VietNam AND 'what comes out of the pipes'.

I choose my words carefully. Much of pollution of processed water occurs as internal pipe pressures are lower than external water pressure. A friend had her Hue restaurant's main water pipe 'burst' and I was able to stop the water flooding her place by simply putting my finger in the fractured pipe.

Try that in Toronto where the water mains pressure is between 100-120 pounds per square inch!

I have drunk SaiGon water for over 23 years and never suffered sickness. Ice is different - we used to have 'grey' ice back in the day, really, really bad!

Buildings in Quan 1 are often a problem. The street sewers are around six feet under the paving - a problem when you have toilets in the basement! What they do is to have a large, often open, sewage tank in the lowest part of the basement and from there they pump it UP to the street sewer. Great when there is flooding. Rats like it,too.

The Caravell's system blew up a few years ago, over Christmas, from accumulated methane gas from the sewage system and petrol fumes.

Elsewhere, even in Quan 7, modern high-rises and hotels there are NO MAINS SEWERS so they resort to SEPTIC TANKS - allowing 'grey' water to flow out and soak in the ground. Of course, drinking water pipes are buried in this.

But don't think bottled water is perfect!

If you want to filter water you can buy single, double and triple systems in Quan 1. If you want an address PM me.

You talking about grey water or black water. Grey water is from sinks,showers and floorwastes.Blackwater is water from the toilet. Greywater is no so bad as it doesnt contain urine or fecal matter.

Jaitch wrote:

PLEASE note the words: VietNam, water than what comes out of the pipes, SaiGon.
I limited my reference to SaiGon and VietNam AND 'what comes out of the pipes'.

I choose my words carefully. Much of pollution of processed water occurs as internal pipe pressures are lower than external water pressure. A friend had her Hue restaurant's main water pipe 'burst' and I was able to stop the water flooding her place by simply putting my finger in the fractured pipe.

AS FOR WATER ... Why do people actually buy bottled water in TP HCM?

Of all VietNam there is no finer processed water than what comes out of the pipes right here in SaiGon. Sure Ha Noi water has an excess of natural arsenic but there's nothing in ours.

Jaitch
Not sure exactly what you are referring to.
If you mean to say Saigon's water is the least toxic of them all, then I probably agree.

If you mean
1. It is safe to drink tap water in Saigon/HCMC or/and
2. The water is safe from the water processing plants but get contaminated when transported through the pipes (sometimes)

then you are wrong on both counts, as the article I quote says that the test is based on the output from the processing plants and it is already unsafe for consumption. I am not getting to the pipe issue yet, which is another chapter by itself.

I am local, I boil water to drink at home and drink Aquafina outside

colinoscapee wrote:

You talking about grey water or black water. Grey water is from sinks, showers and floor wastes.Black water is water from the toilet.

I know about septic tanks and water. We have one on the house, as well as the office in Buon Ma Thuot. The hotels are both on mains sewers.

Black water is raw sewage, with or without solids. After the solid-free water is emitted from the septic tanks, we then run the water through a 'weeping bed' which is exposed to sunlight, etc. Water from that is considered grey or cleaner than grey.

In Quan 7, they use similar techniques. Sunlight is essential to the process. The final water is simply dumped in the swamp - which Quan 7 was before humans invaded.

It was just that you mentioned grey water and not black water with the sewer systems. I also have knowledge about this from a construction background.

colinoscapee wrote:

You talking about grey water or black water. Grey water is from sinks,showers and floorwastes.Blackwater is water from the toilet. Greywater is no so bad as it doesnt contain urine or fecal matter.

Technically, you can have urine in greywater since a bidet can be connected to a greywater pipe, but we are splitting hair here, aren't we?  :D

Well a bidet should be connected to the sewage system, but how many people actually have a bidet. Anything that has human waste will be referred to as black water. White water,grey water and black water are all the types of water that exist in the average home.

colinoscapee wrote:

how many people actually have a bidet.

Yours truly does  :) , and it is connected to a greywater pipe. It has to do with some particular contraints in home piping system. :cool: (blackwater pipe must have bigger dimension as you know, while greywater pipe can make do with less).

I presume home is in Viet Nam. If the bidet is for urinatining,then it should be a blackwater hookup,but hey here in Viet nam they have stormwater and sewage sharing the same system.

I also amazed that here in Viet Nam there is no waste venting system.

colinoscapee wrote:

I presume home is in Viet Nam. If the bidet is for urinatining,then it should be a blackwater hookup,but hey here in Viet nam they have stormwater and sewage sharing the same system.

No, it is back in the old country. The house has an separate internal greywater piping system which is eventually connected to the sewage system. The need for this separation is due to a particular constraint in my house construction.

Waste venting system in Vietnam. Ha ha  :)

I just came back from doing a trip on the back roads of the Cuu Long, amazed at how many toilets are still situated over ponds.

colinoscapee wrote:

I just came back from doing a trip on the back roads of the Cuu Long, amazed at how many toilets are still situated over ponds.

Good to feed the pangasius  :). Can't get more organic and ecological food than this!

Thats why the fish taste like s***